Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperTux Sees Its First Stable Release In A Decade

Phoronix: SuperTux Sees Its First Release In A Decade

2005 was the last year SuperTux saw a stable release, but arriving this weekend just in time for Christmas is SuperTux v0.4...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hahahaa this is awesome! Made my day :-D

I'm glad when somebody takes an old project (doesn't matter if it's the original developers or not) and re-writes it and adds new features. I think there would be a lot of room for visual improvements regarding the artwork as well! Any budding artists that want their art in a "famous" game?

Comment

Congratulations !!!

Comment

I used the first "alpha" builds when they arrived. I liked the new character design.

Comment

Hehehe time to play it again after so many years

Comment

I'm an old time player, I really liked the first development snapshots with the new engine and I'm glad that after so many years they didn't let it die.
            Waiting for the arch packages.
            ## VGA ##
            AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
            Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

I played this, my kids will play it, and – insha'Allah – the kids of my kids will play it

Comment

Yeah it's good to see classics staying alive. As if GoG wasn't already good indication of this. Congrats, and thanks!

Hopefully we don't have to wait 10 years for Wayland support =D
                Hi

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
                  Hahahaa this is awesome! Made my day :-D

I'm glad when somebody takes an old project (doesn't matter if it's the original developers or not) and re-writes it and adds new features. I think there would be a lot of room for visual improvements regarding the artwork as well! Any budding artists that want their art in a "famous" game?
                  I have a feeling this was a project by some guy or a group of people that wanted to hone their skills in game design. Kudos for everybody! Great to see projects like this get love from time to time. The power of open-source!

Comment

This might be a good reason to give itt a go again. I remember playing the hell out of it when I was younger :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X