Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenMW 0.37 Released, Switches To OpenSceneGraph

Phoronix: OpenMW 0.37 Released, Switches To OpenSceneGraph

The open-source community working on OpenMW as an engine re-implementation of Elderscrolls III: Morrowind have announced the release of OpenMW v0.37...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Why you no screenshots from this thread?

Comment

The new version is already in Arch, and I went from high texture / shader water giving me like 5 fps on a 290 on radeonsi to 200+ fps all the time. Super playable now, I'm wondering whats still missing from 1.0 because its gorgeous now.

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
        The new version is already in Arch, and I went from high texture / shader water giving me like 5 fps on a 290 on radeonsi to 200+ fps all the time. Super playable now, I'm wondering whats still missing from 1.0 because its gorgeous now.
        Good to know. Cool.

Comment

The performance boost is huge, at least for the linux version. Going from 20 fps to 80 fps in outdoor areas at max settings, on my card.

Comment

This is the first time I've read about that project. How far is the engine regarding Morrowind features? Can one already play the game? Is critical functionality missing?

Comment

I just donated 5$ to this awesome project, it deserves more attention.
              ## VGA ##
              AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
              Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by soulsource View Post
                This is the first time I've read about that project. How far is the engine regarding Morrowind features? Can one already play the game? Is critical functionality missing?
                The game is fully playable and beatable with saving / voiceovers / the mouth movements / enemy AI all working. I'm sure some quests and events and such are broken but I've put an hour in this morning and haven't found anything that doesn't work right yet.

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post

The game is fully playable and beatable with saving / voiceovers / the mouth movements / enemy AI all working. I'm sure some quests and events and such are broken but I've put an hour in this morning and haven't found anything that doesn't work right yet.
                  Some quests that include actors moving between cells are broken, as this is not properly implemented yet. It mostly affects Bloodmoon and Tribunal as far as I know, maybe not even their main quest line. The main quest should be playable.

Comment

Cool! I think I'm going to dig out my old Morrowind disc ;-)

Comment

Working...
                    X