Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux Game Publishing domain sites "down" because of ISP woes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, (I'd venture and guess that) this problem could be circumvented by building a new libc (with a hand modified gettimeofday) and preload it before X3 starts.

... But hopefully LGP will resume normal operation before my X3 addiction kicks in

- Gilboa
    oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
    oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
    oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
    Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Well, depends on how you see it. LGP surely does not see it as a "problem".

I wonder how long it takes before hackers get through this one. All those dumps on strace and stuff are going to make things easier for them.

Comment

I should clarify that X3 doesn't include the copy protection (at last as far as I know) and I'm only talking about keeping my -legit- copy of X3-beta alive, for testing reasons (of-course!) until the next beta is out.

- Gilboa
        oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
        oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
        oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).

Comment

P.S. www.linuxgamepublishing.com is up! Rejoice!

- Gilboa

Comment

If they don't have a new beta ready, the site being up or down won't make a difference... it is a beta after all & if they have all the feedback they need for that version of the beta, it wouldn't make sense for it to not expire.

Comment

Originally posted by SlackerTD View Post
              If they don't have a new beta ready, the site being up or down won't make a difference... it is a beta after all & if they have all the feedback they need for that version of the beta, it wouldn't make sense for it to not expire.
              Actually, he's pushed out beta spins that all they do is extend the timebomb on other titles in the past. It all depends on how close the game's to completion as to whether or not you do one or not. One of the beta testers stepped on an 11th hour bug in Ballistics- I want the testers on MY projects to keep beating the hell out of the thing until we determine we're at Gold status on the thing- I can never have enough feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by gilboa View Post
                P.S. www.linuxgamepublishing.com is up! Rejoice!

- Gilboa
                Heh... I guess I need to get in touch with him for my new access for the system as it's now set up so I can start putting the wraps on Bandits...

Comment

IIRC I think it goes like half a month or 3 before needing that check.

Pining for the fjords... someone at LGP's a Monty Python fan... ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                    Actually, he's pushed out beta spins that all they do is extend the timebomb on other titles in the past. It all depends on how close the game's to completion as to whether or not you do one or not. One of the beta testers stepped on an 11th hour bug in Ballistics- I want the testers on MY projects to keep beating the hell out of the thing until we determine we're at Gold status on the thing- I can never have enough feedback.
                    Well, my meaning though is that at some point, the beta will expire as a gold version can eventually be expected.
                    Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                    Heh... I guess I need to get in touch with him for my new access for the system as it's now set up so I can start putting the wraps on Bandits...
                    Yes, you do that! I'm a beta tester for that one & would like to see more as I want to buy that once complete.

Comment

Originally posted by SlackerTD View Post
                      Well, my meaning though is that at some point, the beta will expire as a gold version can eventually be expected.
                      Yes, you do that! I'm a beta tester for that one & would like to see more as I want to buy that once complete.
                      There's probably going to be at least one more spin of a beta there- I've fixed a handful of sound playback issues and rendering issues (If you're one of the testers that logged a problem report, please do me the favor of re-trying your problems you reported and logging a note of thumbs-up or thumbs down on each so I can reverify I've caught your bug when it DOES come out... ) but there's still a few narfy rendering issues and the final sound issues remaining so there's at least ONE more beta before the RC one comes out most likely.

Comment

Working...
                      X