Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steamcontroller userland standalone driver

Hello,

I started a standalone steam controller driver to be used where steam client can't be installed

For the moment only the xbox360 gamepad emulator is working, tested with:
    • Kodi,
    • BloodBowl2 with wine,
    • KDE Input Device settings,
    • evtest..

The final purpose is to have support for custom mapping created with a stand-alone tool or imported from steam vdf files.
    The initial target is GNU/Linux, but I'll welcome any contributor that want to port input generation for other OS (OSX, Windows, *BSD, Android/Linux, ...)
    This project is licensed under MIT.

More info on https://github.com/ynsta/steamcontroller

Last edited by ynsta; 04 November 2015, 03:42 PM.

Update:
    • The xbox360 gamepad emulation is now fully functional.
    • Reverse engineering on haptic feedback and gyroscope operations is on the right track.

Next:
    • Finish understanding of all possible control messages sent to the controller (haptic intensity, frequency, ...)
    • Create a customizable event/feedback mapper.

Comment

Originally posted by ynsta View Post
      Hello,

I started a standalone steam controller driver to be used where steam client can't be installed

For the moment only the xbox360 gamepad emulator is working, tested with:
      • Kodi,
      • BloodBowl2 with wine,
      • KDE Input Device settings,
      • evtest..

The final purpose is to have support for custom mapping created with a stand-alone tool or imported from steam vdf files.
      The initial target is GNU/Linux, but I'll welcome any contributor that want to port input generation for other OS (OSX, Windows, *BSD, Android/Linux, ...)
      This project is licensed under MIT.

More info on https://github.com/ynsta/steamcontroller

Hey, this is a great project! I had a couple questions. Is this working for both wired and wireless mode? Also, what is the possibility of implementing their mouse/keyboard emulation over wireless? The official client seems to be capturing raw input and then using the xtest extension to move the mouse and send keyboard events.

Cheers!
      Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by jbennett View Post
        Hey, this is a great project! I
        Thanks.
        Originally posted by jbennett View Post
        I had a couple questions. Is this working for both wired and wireless mode? Also, what is the possibility of implementing their mouse/keyboard emulation over wireless? The official client seems to be capturing raw input and then using the xtest extension to move the mouse and send keyboard events.
        It works in wireless mode never tried with the usb cable plugged but I think it should work also.

The mouse keyboard mode is already working with sc-desktop.py the mapping is oriented for web browsing and kodi control.

What I plan to do in the near future:
        - support config files in the event mapper
        - add a command to dynamically change settings.
        - add gyro input in the event mapper
        - add a tool to edit config files.
        - improv config.

Next:
        - Support of multiple controllers.
        - Import/export from steam config files.

And after that if I found the motivation, I'll try port it to other os but as I mostly use Linux it might not be very soon

Comment

Working...
        X