Batman: Arkham Knight Delayed For Linux Until Next Spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
    Complete total morons. Morons who work against their users and do anything to ensure that they will forever remain at 1%.
    1%?
    I'm afraid you are forgetting quite a few markets.
    Linux is #1 in both servers and smartphones/tablets, which account for a lot of computers. I'd definitely like to be such a moron to get that kind of market share!

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
      I hope we'll get better performance than it was on Windows on release day... Am I dreaming?

You'll need 24Gb of RAM and a dedicated CPGPU to run the game at 30fps.

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
        The key there is a new OS. That is, every 5 years. Not every other month. Again, it's OK to break things every 5 years. Not every other month. Microsoft can do it. So can Linux.
        Funny thing, the first sentence is perfectly correct, after that starts the incoherent rambling. Linux is not an OS, RHEL and Ubuntu LTS are OSes based on Linux. Just use one of them and the kernel ABI will break every 5 years like on Windows.

Comment

It's been four months from the initial release of the nightmarish PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight - an outsourced p…

I have no reason to believe the Windows version will be markedly better by spring, and I don't have much hope that the Linux port will be worlds better for the wait.

Comment

It gets worse.

WarnerBrothers: Arkham Knight?s PC Version Is Unfixable
            Ever the bearer of bad news on Steam, WB community manager Yorick took to the community's news page on this Hallow's Eve with some spooky news. The issues that continue to plague Batman: Arkham Knight's PC port are unfixable. Even after last month's patch that fixed many issues and the update that was pushed when sales resumed Wednesday, many gamers are still experiencing a number of issues with Arkham Knight.

Right now it would be best for FeralGames to scrap this one and go for something like Fallout4

Comment

Working...
            X