Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mike4
    replied
    I've left Suse some years ago because of sound problems. Happy on Ubuntu since and I've even avoided more troubles by using that. (http://curl.haxx.se/legal/distro-dilemma.html)

Leave a comment:

• Gps4l
    replied
    Minor update Support team has put the ticket to the dev team.

And asked if I could try unity. I am smiling about the suggestion but they are trying to help me.
    Last edited by Gps4l; 11-04-2015, 10:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gps4l
    replied
    LOL , yeah lets fix that

AMD phenom II X4 at stock 3.2ghz Geforfe GTX750, Latest proprietary drivers 352.55 (same problem with previous version)
    4gig ram opensuse 13.1 64 bit KDE.

pc is dual boot, game works fine on win7 32 bit.

Bought two DLC when it was released to Linux. Some suggest to use a different windows manager.

Serous Sam 3, The Talos principle ( both are no ports), Withcer 2, Portal 1 and 2 Half like 1 and 2 team fortress 2 metro and metro last light, all run fine
    Left for Dead 2 runs good but its not perfect.

Asked support also to support, or test one other distro besides steam os and Ubuntu. ( I suggested Arch fedora or openSUSE)
    If there is anything I learned form the steam forums, Ubuntu has a way of doing things different then Arch Fedora and openSUSE.
    Lost count on how many times a solution for arch and fedora, worked for me on openSUSE related to steam and games.
    It never failed.
    Although one time even an Ubuntu solution I found, fixed the problem for me on openSUSE.

Only to point out that there are more distro's then differences.

Or should game studio's support the same distro's nvidia and amd do ?

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Is there a reason why you don't write about the used gfx card, driver version, ram, cpu...?

Leave a comment:

• Gps4l
    replied
    I am having an issue with this game on Linux (openSUSE)
    Already contacted support, and they of course told me openSUSE is not supported.
    But I am willing to bet this is not just an openSUSE issue.

So I am looking around for others with this problem.
    In game I cant turn around right, mouse is not or badly responding it seems.
    When I look up the view get locked, and I can't look down anymore.

From the steam forums I learned there are two other with this issue.

How is this game working for you guys ?

Leave a comment:

• mike4
    replied
    Alien isolation runs great with my GTX770. Also very nice graphics indeed, well no wonder for a Game of the year 2014. I'm also grateful that so far, it's not that dull shoot them up like Wolfenstein etc.

Probably for OSX they have left off some features. AMD OpenGL 4.1 support on OSX makes me wonder why not also on Linux.

I'd want to play that with SteamVR next year :-)

Leave a comment:

• justmy2cents
    replied
    Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    on mac porters used compute shaders to hack around missing tesselation. on linux they use tesselation
    you mean some sort of compute outside of GL, OSX has 4.1 and no compute shader support

Leave a comment:

• Licaon
    replied
    cheaper while it lasts
    http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/aliens-isolation

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post

well, it was strange to see SoM on radeonsi. AFAIK, same thing about needing compute shaders was said about SoM when people asked how they did it on Mac and gl4.1. they were pretty specific they used those for linux and external computation on mac

maybe SoM used it less visible
    on mac porters used compute shaders to hack around missing tesselation. on linux they use tesselation

Leave a comment:

• justmy2cents
    replied
    Originally posted by mazumoto View Post

Thanks for the link - unfortunately it doesn't help. Well, if they say it needs compute shaders and we don't have those yet, we probably need to wait for them :-)
    well, it was strange to see SoM on radeonsi. AFAIK, same thing about needing compute shaders was said about SoM when people asked how they did it on Mac and gl4.1. they were pretty specific they used those for linux and external computation on mac

maybe SoM used it less visible

Leave a comment:

Working...
X