Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alien Isolation Is Now Available For Linux Gamers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    $*&#$##* .... on Windows there is a -benchmark mode for automated testing this game (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=323272765)... Bought the Linux version today and I can't get -benchmark mode working at all....
    Michael Larabel
    http://www.michaellarabel.com/

    Comment


    • #12
      Anyone on the Feral mailing list who got the recent mail with the dev diary for this game? Interested in reading it, but I've got enough spam being sent to my non-work email address as it is. Also, nice of them to put the game on sale. Would have bought my copy off a key selling site otherwise.

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by Michael View Post
        $*&#$##* .... on Windows there is a -benchmark mode for automated testing this game (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=323272765)... Bought the Linux version today and I can't get -benchmark mode working at all....
        Poking through the AlienIsolation binary, they do still seem to have the benchmark mode code there... but still haven't found a way to trigger it... Waiting for Feral to hopefully give me some good news.
        Michael Larabel
        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

        Comment


        • #14
          Well ... after some fumbling with libraries (since I'm on gentoo), I got it to at least run on radeonsi. And it feels quite well fps-wise even on quite high settings (ultra, anti-aliasing, everything to "on") on my 290X. But ... it got massive problems with lightning and colors (particles and smoke), it's too dark and the particles cycle through all colours (look at the yellow smoke through the door):

          Comment


          • #15
            Broken renderind does not count, but obviosly broken rendering gives you more performance - like rendering glxgears without box and gears

            Comment


            • #16
              Well, I can't figure out what the GL requirement is, whether it's 4.1 or 4.3 or whatever.... Anybody know?

              Otherwise the misrendering is obviously another example of nonstandard specs. Every game that gets developed on nvidia hardware will have problems on anything else.

              EDIT: And that is the biggest problem facing the OSS drivers right now. Look at mesa's bug tracker, they are being flooded with nonstandard behavior that isn't their fault that they are expected to deal with. It's not a good situation at all. I highly recommend anybody who has the ability to go look at some bugs and see if you can help squash some of them.

              EDIT: This is really stupid. There is no indication at all what the GL requirements are... http://i.imgur.com/JXcWkQL.png

              Seriously? You can't possibly get any more biased then that. It's pretty obvious they never even tried. Feral is thee worst offender. They must know that they are taking advantage of nonstandard behavior and yet they don't care and don't even try to address it. It's seriously stupid. There is no better way to limit the number of your sales then that.
              Last edited by duby229; 10-27-2015, 04:30 PM.

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                Well, I can't figure out what the GL requirement is, whether it's 4.1 or 4.3 or whatever.... Anybody know?

                Otherwise the misrendering is obviously another example of nonstandard specs. Every game that gets developed on nvidia hardware will have problems on anything else.

                EDIT: And that is the biggest problem facing the OSS drivers right now. Look at mesa's bug tracker, they are being flooded with nonstandard behavior that isn't their fault that they are expected to deal with. It's not a good situation at all. I highly recommend anybody who has the ability to go look at some bugs and see if you can help squash some of them.

                EDIT: This is really stupid. There is no indication at all what the GL requirements are... http://i.imgur.com/JXcWkQL.png

                Seriously? You can't possibly get any more biased then that. It's pretty obvious they never even tried. Feral is thee worst offender. They must know that they are taking advantage of nonstandard behavior and yet they don't care and don't even try to address it. It's seriously stupid. There is no better way to limit the number of your sales then that.
                The only thing that's stupid is buying AMD graphics and using them with Linux.

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                  Well, I can't figure out what the GL requirement is, whether it's 4.1 or 4.3 or whatever.... Anybody know?

                  Otherwise the misrendering is obviously another example of nonstandard specs. Every game that gets developed on nvidia hardware will have problems on anything else.

                  EDIT: And that is the biggest problem facing the OSS drivers right now. Look at mesa's bug tracker, they are being flooded with nonstandard behavior that isn't their fault that they are expected to deal with. It's not a good situation at all. I highly recommend anybody who has the ability to go look at some bugs and see if you can help squash some of them.

                  EDIT: This is really stupid. There is no indication at all what the GL requirements are... http://i.imgur.com/JXcWkQL.png

                  Seriously? You can't possibly get any more biased then that. It's pretty obvious they never even tried. Feral is thee worst offender. They must know that they are taking advantage of nonstandard behavior and yet they don't care and don't even try to address it. It's seriously stupid. There is no better way to limit the number of your sales then that.
                  Is logical who buy this game have nvidia card because in system requirements dont have support to amd (closed/opensource) or intel, only supports nvidia cards since 6xx with 355.11 drivers

                  Limit sales dont care because nvidia have most bigger part of market (more money) and for this reason nvidia have support

                  Last edited by pinguinpc; 10-27-2015, 04:42 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by scottishduck View Post

                    The only thing that's stupid is buying AMD graphics and using them with Linux.
                    I buy AMD hardware because they support OSS. When nVidia supports OSS I'll change my mind then.

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      $*&#$##* .... on Windows there is a -benchmark mode for automated testing this game (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=323272765)... Bought the Linux version today and I can't get -benchmark mode working at all....
                      The alien benchmark tool is a bit crap, and not included in the Linux version, sorry.

                      I did a port report, review and a video here btw: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articl...iew-sale.6131/

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X