Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Out For Linux, Powered By Unity 5

Phoronix: Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Out For Linux, Powered By Unity 5

The Wasteland 2 Director's Cut was released today in the Americas and will be out worldwide later this week. This Director's Cut edition is a free upgrade for current Wasteland 2 owners and upgrades the game engine to Unity 5...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That is good news, at less I didn' t play too much the game so don' t mind to me to re start the game from the begining. Now I have excuse to finish and played in a row and the best part is free.
    I hope this time let me played at 60 fps because was stock at 30 fps not matter what I did.

Comment

Do I get the update from an old key I have not redeemed yet?

Comment

deleted, I can't read.

Comment

Originally posted by chris200x9 View Post
          Steam? I guess it does not matter, a key it's a key.
          You'll get both versions.

Too bad mine crashes at the moment: https://forums.inxile-entertainment....p?f=34&t=13974
          The old one worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by chris200x9 View Post
            You can transfer games into steam if you got the key
            I did this with oilrush which I had purchased outside of steam.
            I forget exactely how, but it's in one of the menu's somewhere.

Comment

Must buy, but must play the original Wasteland (1) first.

(Written with production ready Gnome 3.18 on Wayland.)

Comment

I tested it out in Windows last night for like 5 minutes tops. The graphics do look better, though still bit dated. They have completely remade the first area of the game, at least. Performance seems to have improved with Crossfire (and SLI, I imagine) support finally added. I'll probably test how it works in Linux in the weekend. With me 20 hours into the Witcher 3 and Falllout 4 just around the corner, I'm not sure I'll be playing this properly any time soon, but with the update it's in my "Definitely To-Play" list.
                Btw Unity 4 games should be outlawed. This is the sh*ttiest, laggiest, fps droppiest, most unstable piece of garbage to have ever been used to make games. I'm saddened so many great games like Cities: Skylines, Wasteland 2 and Divinity: Original Sin were developed with this trash. I do hope the devs of Cities also consider an update, though them being an eight people team - there is a slim chance of that.

Comment

This is awesome.. to actually UPDATE the engine from Unity 4 to 5 is really incredible in this day and age of selling basic game content as DLC just to make a couple of extra bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Licaon View Post
                    Too bad mine crashes at the moment: https://forums.inxile-entertainment....p?f=34&t=13974
                    The old one worked fine.
                    It looks like the problem was with mesa and it's fixed now in git http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...503f7496a9a94c

Comment

Working...
                    X