Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurgency FPS Game Being Ported To Linux, SteamOS

Phoronix: Insurgency FPS Game Being Ported To Linux, SteamOS

The Insurgency first person shooter game, which started out as a Half-Life 2 mod and evolved into its own game by New World Interactive, is in the process of being ported to Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Insurgency FPS Game Being Ported To Linux, SteamOS

The Insurgency first person shooter game, which started out as a Half-Life 2 mod and evolved into its own game by New World Interactive, is in the process of being ported to Linux...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...FPS-Linux-Game

I've been waiting on this for a while, I bought a four-pack of licenses, and I'd be happy to give you one.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post

I've been waiting on this for a while, I bought a four-pack of licenses, and I'd be happy to give you one.
      Sure, thanks. Since its Source Engine based, hopefully will be able to utilize all of the standard timedemo mechanisms to run benchmarks on it.

Michael at phoronix is the email or 'phoronix' if needing the Steam username.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Pepec9124
        Well, on my system Source games are faster with Wine.
        Nvidia.
        Also, there's no crashing caused by alt-tab.
        The Windows version doesn't crash by alt-tab either, however it does pause for such a length of time you might think it has. The fix for this is to run in borderless window mode. Insurgency is the best FPS I have. Better than Battlefield, Call of Duty or Counter Strike. All those games have been polluted by achievement whores and casuals who can't understand anything beyond deathmatch. Insurgency is designed for teamwork, and it's far more deadly than all those games I mentioned. Now if they port World of Warcraft to Linux I will barely need Windows.

Comment

Hmmmm..... how is this different from CS:GO? Looks similar.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
            Hmmmm..... how is this different from CS:GO? Looks similar.

Think CS:GO + Red Orchestra 2

Comment

Working...
            X