Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insurgency FPS Game Being Ported To Linux, SteamOS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Insurgency FPS Game Being Ported To Linux, SteamOS

    Phoronix: Insurgency FPS Game Being Ported To Linux, SteamOS

    The Insurgency first person shooter game, which started out as a Half-Life 2 mod and evolved into its own game by New World Interactive, is in the process of being ported to Linux...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...FPS-Linux-Game

  • #2
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Insurgency FPS Game Being Ported To Linux, SteamOS

    The Insurgency first person shooter game, which started out as a Half-Life 2 mod and evolved into its own game by New World Interactive, is in the process of being ported to Linux...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...FPS-Linux-Game


    I've been waiting on this for a while, I bought a four-pack of licenses, and I'd be happy to give you one.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by microcode View Post

      I've been waiting on this for a while, I bought a four-pack of licenses, and I'd be happy to give you one.
      Sure, thanks. Since its Source Engine based, hopefully will be able to utilize all of the standard timedemo mechanisms to run benchmarks on it.

      Michael at phoronix is the email or 'phoronix' if needing the Steam username.
      Michael Larabel
      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        Well, on my system Source games are faster with Wine.
        Nvidia.
        Also, there's no crashing caused by alt-tab.
        Last edited by Pepec9124; 09-24-2015, 10:08 AM. Reason: More data.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Pepec9124 View Post
          Well, on my system Source games are faster with Wine.
          Nvidia.
          Also, there's no crashing caused by alt-tab.
          The Windows version doesn't crash by alt-tab either, however it does pause for such a length of time you might think it has. The fix for this is to run in borderless window mode. Insurgency is the best FPS I have. Better than Battlefield, Call of Duty or Counter Strike. All those games have been polluted by achievement whores and casuals who can't understand anything beyond deathmatch. Insurgency is designed for teamwork, and it's far more deadly than all those games I mentioned. Now if they port World of Warcraft to Linux I will barely need Windows.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hmmmm..... how is this different from CS:GO? Looks similar.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Windywoo View Post
              The Windows version doesn't crash by alt-tab either, however it does pause for such a length of time you might think it has. The fix for this is to run in borderless window mode. Insurgency is the best FPS I have. Better than Battlefield, Call of Duty or Counter Strike. All those games have been polluted by achievement whores and casuals who can't understand anything beyond deathmatch. Insurgency is designed for teamwork, and it's far more deadly than all those games I mentioned. Now if they port World of Warcraft to Linux I will barely need Windows.
              I meant that Windows version via Wine does not crash with alt-tab. "Native" linux version does randomly and it annoys me.
              I'm into tactical games too.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
                Hmmmm..... how is this different from CS:GO? Looks similar.

                Think CS:GO + Red Orchestra 2

                Comment

                Working...
                X