Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, It Looks Like Alien Isolation Is Coming Soon For Linux

Phoronix: Yes, It Looks Like Alien Isolation Is Coming Soon For Linux

With this week's release of Catalyst 15.9 for Linux the change-log mentioned a fix for Alien: Isolation... The only problem is, it's not publicly released yet for Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm not really surprised about the catalyst drivers supporting this - AMD kinda has an obligation to make this game work, considering (IIRC) it's part of their Never Settle bundle.
    Last edited by schmidtbag; 17 September 2015, 10:37 AM.

Comment

This is one of the very few linux games which could make me sad in case of AMD incompatibility

Comment

^^ Now the price needs to fall, maybe a goty version someday.
        46 of my 94 steam games are already avilable on linux not counting those games that are avilable on linux but no steam linux version (doom and quake series shame on id)

Comment

Originally posted by rudl View Post
          ^^ Now the price needs to fall, maybe a goty version someday.
          There are plenty of sales. I got A:I for Windows on sale. $50 was too steep, but I haven't felt remotely cheated at $25. Heck, that's not much more than a dollar an hour for me to complete the game, and it was engrossing the whole way.

If it comes out for Linux, I'll definitely be tempted to play through it again. I've been enjoying Shadow of Mordor on Linux (exclusively). I could have finished the game already but it's just fun to run around and cause havoc for the orcs. Nice to see AAA games coming to Linux in encouraging numbers.

Comment

I think I'll wait a little bit, also SOMA will be out on Tuesday already preordered

Comment

Feral seems to have taken down the presumed page, since it's 404 now.

Comment

Originally posted by planetguy View Post
                Feral seems to have taken down the presumed page, since it's 404 now.

On that topic Phoronix is quite behind as we all saw that it's in the orange part of the radar since a while http://www.feralinteractive.com/en/upcoming/

Comment

Working...
                X