Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terraria 1.3.0.8 Released With OS X & Linux Support

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Terraria 1.3.0.8 Released With OS X & Linux Support

    Phoronix: Terraria 1.3.0.8 Released With OS X & Linux Support

    A few days ago Loki, the community manager for Re-Logic, the gaming studio behind the popular sandbox game Terraria, announced the release of Terraria 1.3.0.8, which both made the OS X and Linux versions of the game public, as well as ensuring compatibility between the OS X, Linux, and Windows clients...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Linux-Released

  • #2
    As a farewell gift I'll get it for you.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by My8th View Post
      As a farewell gift I'll get it for you.
      Michael already beat ya to it haha! But thank you My8th

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm not sure how well it'll run on a 4GB machine. Maybe if you're not running anything else on the machine. I have 8GB in my machine that I played it on and it swapped out a bunch of stuff to run. The game uses over 3.5GB quite easily.

        Is anyone else seeing this? I'm running under Fedora 20.

        Love the game though, that's why I've bought several versions.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ihatemichael
          It's already available here as well:
          Wtf, it's under 10$ and one of the most played steam games. We can be lucky that we see a Linux version why pirating it? Support the devs !
          Last edited by Michael; 08-14-2015, 05:47 PM. Reason: drop the link

          Comment


          • #6
            Maybe remove the link inside you quoting him...
            Not that it would stop pirating of Linux games but we gotta at least slow them down

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by theghost View Post

              Wtf, it's under 10$ and one of the most played steam games. We can be lucky that we see a Linux version why pirating it? Support the devs !
              There is still the link in your quote. I agree with you and I think the link should edited out. It's only 10 bucks, support the devs is right.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by willmore View Post
                I'm not sure how well it'll run on a 4GB machine. Maybe if you're not running anything else on the machine. I have 8GB in my machine that I played it on and it swapped out a bunch of stuff to run. The game uses over 3.5GB quite easily.

                Is anyone else seeing this? I'm running under Fedora 20.

                Love the game though, that's why I've bought several versions.
                Haven't had a chance to play, will give it a go tomorrow.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ericg View Post

                  Haven't had a chance to play, will give it a go tomorrow.
                  Under Windows, the memory usage is much more reasonable. I wonder what's the reason for the linux version being so fat. I thought 8GB was enough for a laptop. I guess I need to bump up the specs for the next one. Also, the Sandy Bridge era Pentium B940 (2.0GHz, 2MB L3, dual core, no HT) processor isn't quite up to the task. I would agree that you need more CPU than that. Not sure about the GPU needs. I haven't done a comparison with different GPUs vs CPUs. I have a couple of other boxes I can try it on to see how they fare. Hmm, no, most of them are only 4GB. That's gonna be cutting it close.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Terraria is by far a diamond of a game. I think the game has already accumulated something like 6 years of content - also it's DRM free on GOG which isn't mentioned in the article.

                    By far one of the best PC games ever for the building cities & searching for items while upgrading your equipment. So far I think I've gifted something like 6 copies to friends/family that's how good this game is.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X