No announcement yet.

Shadow of Mordor Performance: Windows 10 vs. Ubuntu Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, Michael, you've got a problem with your setup over there. Try using a different WM that doesn't hog the GPU.

On my i5-4690k @ 4.5 GHz with stock GTX 970, I get 71.91 FPS at 1920x1080 on Ultra settings. I shouldn't be beating those 980s and Titans. I'm using Arch Linux w/Kernel 4.1.3.

Comment

No, that's exactly what to expect on a CPU bound benchmark. Michael used a 8 core CPU with HT at 3.5 GHz but most games do not use so many cores. Often 4 without HT are enough - but what directly scales is raw CPU power per core. Basically every card since 780 Ti is CPU bound. So you need multicore support or a higher clocked CPU. Your setup is expected to be 25% faster.

Comment

Nahh, my CPUs almost never reached 100%. I'm telling you people that it's Unity. I just did the benchmark again with the compositor in KDE disabled and got 83 FPS. Instead of speculating and yammering about holy wars, do some damned benchmarks.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
          Blah, game perform suboptimal on any hardware

So long about lies that nVidia perform the same on Linux and Windows... i guess they need to fix their drivers
          Is there a way to votekick Dungeon from this forum?.. I really cannot stand this AMDouche Fanbaby anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by hellslinger View Post
            Nahh, my CPUs almost never reached 100%. I'm telling you people that it's Unity. I just did the benchmark again with the compositor in KDE disabled and got 83 FPS. Instead of speculating and yammering about holy wars, do some damned benchmarks.
            Great it is not only Unity, but KDE too

Comment

Originally posted by AndyChow View Post

And don't forget your tin-foil hat! The keylogger is only on the technical preview, and your ideas have been debunked since October of last year at least. Nobody cares about your PGP encrypted love letters to Kim Jong-un.
              Google returns about 1,270,000 results.
              Fail hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post

Is there a way to votekick Dungeon from this forum?.. I really cannot stand this AMDouche Fanbaby anymore.
                Vote no. Voting failed. You can call another vote in 255 years.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyChow View Post

And don't forget your tin-foil hat! The keylogger is only on the technical preview, and your ideas have been debunked since October of last year at least. Nobody cares about your PGP encrypted love letters to Kim Jong-un.
                  Google returns about 1,270,000 results.

Lie a lot, fail hard, try again, make us laugh.

Comment

@hellslinger

If only 2 cores run at max this is enough. You can easyly check i7z - works even with older kernels.

Comment

Originally posted by brosis View Post

Vote no. Voting failed. You can call another vote in 255 years.
                      Assuming he has made 2543 "AMD rulz NVidia and Intel sux" posts in 7 years, 255 years means near 100 000 posts.
                      Nervous breakdown will be there before...

Comment

Working...
                      X