• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
    As it was written:

That list is mostly rubbish.

Take for example this:
    "strangely some Linux developers oppose to the whole idea of games on Linux"
    with a link to https://mail.gnome.org/archives/wm-s.../msg00003.html. Well, nobody did. He completely made up that lie.
    Is there anything wrong under Summary?

Ah, fanboys. It's lovely to see them everywhere. You're like the believers in all sorts of bulls**t.
    Last edited by birdie; 04 August 2015, 03:20 PM. Reason: Formatting

Comment

Originally posted by finite9 View Post

Luckily for me, Im not much of a gamer, so im not unduly affected by this;.... but my son's laptop just plain defeated me. I tried F21 with Steam, but those darned hybrid Intel/Nvidia cards just got the best of me, so I gave up and stuck Win8.1 on his PC. Now he's happy as pie and everything works for him at full performance .

If Valve would support more AAA titles on native Linux then I think this would go a long way to increasing adoption.
      What is strange in your point of view is that you play very little, so Steam on Linux should suit you. I understand a real gamer would be frustrated but as a casual I am very happy with this situation. There is enough titles on Linux to make you and your son play

Concerning hybrid it is now as simple as "sudo apt-get optirun nvidia-optirun" then add "primusrun %command%" in launch options of the Steam game.
      As I already told it is far to be the best solution, but it works.

Comment

> [insults from Birdie]

People like "Birdie" first insult you, they repeat the insult five times, someone has to remove all the duplicated messages, and after that they behave like they wanted to have an adult conversation and like others had seen nothing.

Comment

Working...
        X