Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow of Mordor Released For Linux, But Only For NVIDIA Gamers

Phoronix: Shadow of Mordor Released For Linux, But Only For NVIDIA Gamers

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor is the latest game ported to Linux (and Mac OS X) by Feral Games! This game is now natively available on Linux, but for now the AMD and Intel drivers are not supported...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If anyone who buys this game for Linux could check the install directory of the game to see if there's any benchmark launch scripts or other benchmark references, that would be great. I was told by someone on Twitter that there is benchmark support, but haven't been able to find info yet. If it's the case, will be buying it right away and starting GPU tests tonight.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Well, that's a damn shame.

Meanwhile the OSS drivers for AMD hardware will likely be able to play it pretty soon. I understand they wanted a release and couldn't wait for the other drivers to catch up, but......

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

Meanwhile the OSS drivers for AMD hardware will likely be able to play it pretty soon. I understand they wanted a release and couldn't wait for the other drivers to catch up, but......
        That is what usually happens with these ports, they release it for nVidia and their variabile

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          If anyone who buys this game for Linux could check the install directory of the game to see if there's any benchmark launch scripts or other benchmark references, that would be great. I was told by someone on Twitter that there is benchmark support, but haven't been able to find info yet. If it's the case, will be buying it right away and starting GPU tests tonight.
          Michael I was planning on picking this up. Will check it out. Got some stuff headed your way.
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

I encourage this behavior. It helps get incentive for picking up development on lesser performing or compliant drivers. This is how a game *should* do things. It's not at all the games fault the game won't play. It's the drivers due to lack of compliance or just plain buggy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post

Michael I was planning on picking this up. Will check it out. Got some stuff headed your way.
              Ended up buying the game to check for benchmark mode. Check your email for other info.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Sad state of affairs. PC is supposed to be an open platform where you can choose your hardware. That's how it is on windows. Truly unfortunate that Linux gaming has gone in this direction...

Comment

They say the game will work with the latest Catalyst but will suffer poor performance.

Still worth the try.

Comment

Is this the first aaa linux game?

Of course as always Amd has a negative spot when talking about serious things.

Comment

Working...
                    X