How To Make CS:GO Run Much Faster On AMD Catalyst For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@dungeon

I told you how to try, but you just posted stupid comments instead. I tried but there was no improvement with my hardware but a change in the glcache.

Another interesting object would be both Redux games for CAP tests.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      I told you how to try, but you just posted stupid comments instead.
      As i said, sorry about that - fglrx was already removed there at the time as i am using opensource driver most of the time... i was on all git opensource stack at that time of posting and played a bit with a mesa code to found why this commit slow down things for radeonsi by 5% in mesa even if those extensions are not used:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...e1595418c6cea3

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
        This is the same NVidia does. They detect games and specific shader programs and rewrite them. Drivers these days are hand optimized for popular games with the hardware companies doing the hard work for the big game companies.
        I know. Any chance that vulkan will make this less of a thing?

Comment

Originally posted by humbug View Post
          I know. Any chance that vulkan will make this less of a thing?
          You are saying that vulkan suddenly will make developers less bad at coding?

Comment

Silly.

With all that push for CS:GO and other online games...

Comment

That's the same thing, as when the whoever dev found out his app wasn't working, until he renamed it to "compiz".

Found the link, I think. It was here in Phoronix: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTE3Nzc
              Last edited by ArchLinux; 19 July 2015, 09:48 AM.

Comment

No clue what this is about. I've been using the Catalyst driver since ~ January 2015 and had no (graphic/FPS related) problems with CS:GO. I've a Radeon HD 5870.

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
                  No clue what this is about. I've been using the Catalyst driver since ~ January 2015 and had no (graphic/FPS related) problems with CS:GO. I've a Radeon HD 5870.
                  That doesn't in any way contradict this result?

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
                    You are saying that vulkan suddenly will make developers less bad at coding?
                    Some things are out of control of developers winth OpenGL and pre-DirectX12. The drivers are huge and it is impossible to bypass/control some of the complexity. The app profiles are a way of tuning the huge driver. Vulkan will make it possible to finetune the things by engine itself, but with huge control comes huge responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
                      AMD is going down fast. The programmers assigned to linux are clearly inferior.
                      I think Catalyst's OpenGL implementation perform the same on Windows and Linux . Do you have some example of OpenGL renderer/game, available for both OSes which perform differently?

Comment

Working...
                      X