X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• r3pek
    replied
    YES! I WILL PLAY IT!!!!

Damn... From time to time I post on they're Facebook page asking for Linux support (and some others too) and on they're forums too. I loved this game when it was on Linux... Never touched it since they cancelled it, but I would definitely play again, for sure!

Leave a comment:

• justmy2cents
    replied
    Originally posted by gufide View Post
    okay then...

And for the article, that's really nice to see some great games coming into linux/steamOS. 3 years before (pre steam era), I would have never thought about gaming these types of game on linux.

fun fact AA was one of first big games on Linux. http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7444 and they cancelled Linux support somewhere along the road

note the year 2004

Leave a comment:

• Azpegath
    replied
    I played it a lot on Linux in the day, and was really sad to see it go. I never followed it onto Windows (didn't have Windows installed for 7 years) so they lost at least one player by not supporting Linux. The only good alternative on Linux at that time was Enemy Territory, so we started playing that a lot instead.
    I will definitely give it a shot if they port it, but I'd probably rather see Arma III for Linux, so I can play it with my friends.

Leave a comment:

• doom_Oo7
    replied
    Originally posted by Remdul View Post
    trivializing war and making it a seemingly acceptable part of everyday life.
    Like... you think life really matters ?

Leave a comment:

• david_lynch
    replied
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: America's Army Considering SteamOS / Linux Support

America's Army: Proving Grounds may receive a port to Linux/SteamOS...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-Linux-SteamOS
    I'd play it

Leave a comment:

• gufide
    replied
    Originally posted by Remdul View Post
    America's Army is propaganda created by the United States army, subverting youth's common sense, and to lure them into the military industrial complex.
    War simulation games are unethical and immoral. They normalize the concept of 'war', trivializing war and making it an acceptable part of everyday life. War should be regarded as absurd and offensive. Waging war is a crime against humanity. Anyone participating or supporting war should be prosecuted, even the common foot soldier.

Full disclosure: I'm a anti-militarist pacifist who makes war games (Forgotten Hope 2 mod), so yes I'm a hypocrite, and there's no valid excuse for my behavior.
    okay then...

And for the article, that's really nice to see some great games coming into linux/steamOS. 3 years before (pre steam era), I would have never thought about gaming these types of game on linux.

Leave a comment:

• Remdul
    replied
    America's Army is propaganda created by the United States army to subvert youth's common sense, and to lure them into the military industrial complex.

War simulation games are unethical and immoral. They normalize the concept of 'war', trivializing war and making it a seemingly acceptable part of everyday life. War should be regarded as absurd and offensive. It is wasteful anti-social behavior. Waging war is a crime against humanity. Anyone participating or actively supporting war should be prosecuted, even the common foot soldier.

Full disclosure: I'm an anti-militarist pacifist who makes war games (Forgotten Hope 2 mod), so yes I'm a hypocrite, and I offer no valid excuse for that.
    Last edited by Remdul; 08 July 2015, 02:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic America's Army Considering SteamOS / Linux Support

America's Army Considering SteamOS / Linux Support

Phoronix: America's Army Considering SteamOS / Linux Support

America's Army: Proving Grounds may receive a port to Linux/SteamOS...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X