Dota 2 Reborn Begins Rolling Out For Steam Linux Gamers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
    I just did a bot game in Reborn. I think the graphics are worse than before, but maybe all the effects aren't implemented yet. At least now proper fullscreen mouse capture works in Gnome 3.
    There are new graphical options, you should check that you are using the same settings. As for me, I have an Intel HD Graphics 4600 and the default parameters on Reborn were higher than the settings I use in regular DOTA2.

With the same settings, I get the same visual quality and smoother mouse handling. Didn't check on the FPS.

Comment

Originally posted by mbouchar View Post

There are new graphical options, you should check that you are using the same settings. As for me, I have an Intel HD Graphics 4600 and the default parameters on Reborn were higher than the settings I use in regular DOTA2.

With the same settings, I get the same visual quality and smoother mouse handling. Didn't check on the FPS.
      Might just be the "shinier" graphics that appear more cartoony, I don't know. I haven't launched Dota 2 in a while (because of the mouse capture bug I mentioned), so my memory might be off.

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
        Might just be the "shinier" graphics that appear more cartoony, I don't know. I haven't launched Dota 2 in a while (because of the mouse capture bug I mentioned), so my memory might be off.

http://imgur.com/a/IJ0NH

Comment

New update is out, has lots of Linux fixes including specific ones for the AMD open source drivers, so don't assume Valve doesn't care about non-proprietary ones.

http://www.dota2.com/reborn/updates?l=english#June24

Comment

The game is out of beta, and its showing good fps results on Linux. Is there a benchmark comparison on the way?

Comment

Working...
            X