Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Appears To Be Rolling Out Source 2 Version Of Dota 2

Phoronix: Valve Appears To Be Rolling Out Source 2 Version Of Dota 2

Valve has shipped a DLC to Dota 2 that appears to be the Source 2 Engine version of the game...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I was beginning to think it would never happen.

Comment

got myself a fermi gpu just for vulkan

i might play a few games when source2 comes out
      one of the reasons i don't play it much lately is the horribly long load times and memory usage, hope source2 will fix it

now nvidia needs to churn out a vulkan driver
      but the vulkan isn't even released yet

Comment

To clarify, the update has not been pushed yet, but the preparation work is done. It might get pushed later today, after the current The International 2015 EU qualifier finals, but it is not 100% safe to say so. Likely this week though.

Comment

i highly doubt this game supports vulkan as there are no intel/amd/nvidia gpu drivers out yet that support vulkan. Vulkan support for this game will likely come with a future patch.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
            It might get pushed later today, after the current The International 2015 EU qualifier finals
            Just finished, I watched them on twitch. Ukrainian team Na'Vi is going to The International!

Comment

Originally posted by hajj_3 View Post
              i highly doubt this game supports vulkan as there are no intel/amd/nvidia gpu drivers out yet that support vulkan. Vulkan support for this game will likely come with a future patch.

You do know that Valve are the one who commissioned the Intel experimental Vulkan driver development. So they have at least that driver to do test, on top of likely privileged access to experimental driver from Nvidia and AMD (which likely only require light rework of Mantle, as that Vulkan is based on).

Also if you read Khronos page on Vulkan, it work on platform that support OpenGL ES 3.1 and up. Which Nvidia already support on Windows, on the 400 series and up.

Comment

It for now will obviously be using OpenGL background with a option to use vulkan if it is present.

Comment

I'm wondering whether other source games like Team Fortress 2 will also be ported to Source 2

Comment

Someone should grep for "vk" and "vulkan" once it is downloadable. It might be in some string in one of the binary files.
                    Really hoping for Vulkan launch with day 1 support from NVIDIA shortly after SIGGRAPH.

Comment

Working...
                    X