Spec Ops: The Line Is The Latest Linux Shooter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chimpy View Post
    Seems the minimum requirements are opengl 3.2, has anyone tried it with the radeonsi drivers?
    I've tried
    http://gearsongallium.com - openSUSE base livecd with lates opensource video drivers with gallium-nine supportRadeon hd 7970intel i5 3330openSUSE Factory

but the game is much faster with gallium-nine

Comment

Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post

I've tried
      http://gearsongallium.com - openSUSE base livecd with lates opensource video drivers with gallium-nine supportRadeon hd 7970intel i5 3330openSUSE Factory

but the game is much faster with gallium-nine
      That slowness looks more like that you are hiting GTT_WC and mtune bugs with radeonsi opengl 32bit app performance, see this:

32bit kernels currently aren't affected because GTT_WC is disabled, but 64bit kernels are still affected when you run 32 opengl apps.

I am on Debian Sid but informed oibaf to disable it last year, so it is still disabled in his ppa... but any distro whose gcc pass -mtune=generic when building 32bit mesa i likely affected.

Either avoid mtune or pass native (or what is confirmed fast) when you build 32bit mesa or disable GTT_WC in mesa or for 64bit kernels , etc...
      Last edited by dungeon; 16 May 2015, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Tried the game and didn't go deep into it. It runs smooth with my GTX960. Its a play the movie type game and limits the player to a strictly linear gameplay which I don't like. Got it cheap though which is fine.

Comment

And this test with Vsync On

System Specs

Nvidia Drivers 349.16
          Linux Mint 17 XFCE Edition 64Bit - Kernel 3.18.0.31
          CPU: INTEL Pentium G3220 (Haswell 22nm) 3.0Ghz
          MEM: 8GB DDR3 1333 (2x4) Patriot value (dual channel: 21.3 gb/s)
          GPU: Zotac Nvidia Geforce GT630 (GK208 28nm: 384 Shaders / 8 ROPS) Passive Cooling 2GB DDR3 1800Mhz 64Bit (14.4Gb/s)
          BOARD: MSI H81M E33

Slowdowns reduce and more stable however maybe more later upload other test with more poolsize value maybe 512

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger_Coder View Post
            Has anyone tried this under AMD CPU? Bioshock Infinite has some serious problem with AMD CPUs. Have top set manually taskset so the game not crash but otherwise everything was ok. If this don't have the same problem then I could buy the game.

P.S. I am talking about AMD CPU not GPU, I have Nvidia 970 as GPU.
            I have had really bad experience with Bioshock and crushing. This game has not crashed once on me, with all settings maxed out with exception of V-sync. I have played around 6 hours or so. Frankly, I said to myself, if this game crashes on me, will be last game from eON ever. They just got themselves second chance with me.

And I gotta say, performance wise, on my GTX660 it's really not bad. Only little thing, sometimes, like once an hour frame rate may drop to 1 FPS, but it's not a constant issue. Most of time, 60FPS, very often around 70.

Comment

This tests are with poolsize at 256 (i try more higher value but dont work in my case reset settings)

Pool size at 256 for both test

Without Vsync

With Vsync

At simple seek game improve considerably in change game areas

Comment

Github repo is up, post your issues there: https://github.com/virtual-programming/specops-linux

Comment

Working...
                X