Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An instance of what the games industry has become...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xav1r View Post
    Been playing a lot of cod4 lately, havent ya?
    Nahh... Just yet another Schlocker. As for CoD4? Nope...don't have it, don't have a desire for it, right at the moment, either. I'm more of a UT2k4 and WoP fan if you must know.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
      Nahh... Just yet another Schlocker. As for CoD4? Nope...don't have it, don't have a desire for it, right at the moment, either. I'm more of a UT2k4 and WoP fan if you must know.
      Ah k, great gaming choices, I assume you play them on linux, right?

Comment

BTB, as long as VU allows them to operate the way they have been, things should be "decent" over there at Blizzard. I would just watch myself if it were me- and never, ever give 'em ANYTHING without paying for it somehow.
        Good to hear. I actually would have free reign when I get out, because I'd be moving from Michigan, to school in Florida, then I can go whereever, because there's not much available in Michigan (even LGP if so deemed, or Transgaming for a real challenge, and Blizzard is always hiring it seems).

My cousin just learned that lesson too. His social life became non-existent until he finally went to higher management. I've also heard of the horror stories at EA (although I hear it's gotten better), it really would be nice working for a company that does what they see fit.

I think you've just introduced me to Schlock, Svartalf

Comment

Ah k, great gaming choices, I assume you play them on linux, right?
          Heh... Is there any other platform to play 'em on? Anything else is sacrilege if you ask me...

Comment

Wow! I remember reading about developers doing Advent Rising got screwed over by Majesco, but this is so much worse...

And I am busy making the plunge into becoming a game developer...

Comment

Heh... Is there any other platform to play 'em on? Anything else is sacrilege if you ask me...
              Well, theres the BSD platforms, Opensolaris, etc. They deserve some games too.

Comment

Well, theres the BSD platforms, Opensolaris, etc. They deserve some games too.
                Indeed, they do at that- for me, however...

Comment

Originally posted by grigi View Post
                  Wow! I remember reading about developers doing Advent Rising got screwed over by Majesco, but this is so much worse...
                  Yep, that it is. There's a reason, even though Psychonauts is a neat game, that we're not going to even GO there, as I'm sure they'd give us the time of day on it- I'm sure they could use the cash out of the deal and it'd be a reasonable one at that. I just do not want to deal with that class of bottom feeders.

And I am busy making the plunge into becoming a game developer...

Ahhh... It's not quite so bad as it sounds. If you take the position that things in this space are more akin to the music or movie industries and act accordingly, you should do decently enough.

Comment

Yep, that it is. There's a reason, even though Psychonauts is a neat game, that we're not going to even GO there, as I'm sure they'd give us the time of day on it- I'm sure they could use the cash out of the deal and it'd be a reasonable one at that. I just do not want to deal with that class of bottom feeders.
                    I think any company that does stuff like that should deserve to be shut down.
                    Too bad EA's too big to do that. ^_^

Ahhh... It's not quite so bad as it sounds. If you take the position that things in this space are more akin to the music or movie industries and act accordingly, you should do decently enough.
                    Come deadline, expect to get in some overtime (if you're lucky enough to be hourly).
                    As Svartalf's been telling me, get some kind of compensation if you're working beyond your means.

Comment

Thanks for the encouraging words and advice guys.

me262, what do you mean by "working beyond your means"?

Comment

Working...
                      X