Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put the wish list for porting projects HERE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L33F3R
    replied
    Heres 1

--------------------------------------------------------------
    I had hopes for the Pandora but its practical use is extremely limited in comparison to the features it actually has.

Former GP2X user here.

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by gforum View Post
    @Svartalf
    hows the eu2 port coming, do you have permission to say anything?
    also, if you do port the game, since you've been working on the pandy too... why not make eu2 also available on the openpandora, im sure paradox would be more then happy if it happened.
    As RobbieAB has indicated, the project's stalled a bit. And I think it's less because of wanting us to do it and more they're busy, busy, busy trying to get the next game out and keeping up with Gamersgate. I'm not sure it's dead-dead, but I think now that there's light showing at the end of the tunnel (and not the oncoming train) on Caster (We're ferreting out the bugs that inevitably show up in spite of a decent beta pass- found the worst one, looking for the other two to be sorted before shipping an update...) and my day job, I'll rattle their cage here in the next couple of days and see if I can let 'em know we're waiting patiently for access now that they approved our NDA's...

As for there being an Open Pandora port... Heh... After having had a MK0 and MK2 dev board before having to let it go- I'm going to see to it that anything that I port that'll fit on a Pandora will find it's way there.

Leave a comment:

• RobbieAB
    replied
    AFAIK it's kinda died. Initial contacts with Paradox were promising, but than I have heard nothing since. They are majorly busy with HoI3 though.

Leave a comment:

• gforum
    replied
    @Svartalf
    hows the eu2 port coming, do you have permission to say anything?
    also, if you do port the game, since you've been working on the pandy too... why not make eu2 also available on the openpandora, im sure paradox would be more then happy if it happened.

good luck with your projects anyway.

cheers

Leave a comment:

• dashcloud
    replied
    Is there any chance of getting some of the game-creating games ported over? (like RPG Maker, some of the old ones from the company that did Klik & Play, etc)

Leave a comment:

• Aradreth
    replied
    Originally posted by xav1r View Post
    Well, ubisoft is as much as closed as atari is, arent they?
    To my knowledge Ubisoft has never killed off a Linux port the game developers were wokring unlike atari which has done so twice now (NWN 2 and The Witcher).

Leave a comment:

• xav1r
    replied
    Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
    I get the jab at Atari but not Ubisoft, care to expand?
    Well, ubisoft is as much as closed as atari is, arent they?

Leave a comment:

• Aradreth
    replied
    Originally posted by xav1r View Post
    Well, since it turned out to be another dead end, I'll just put it here. My "contact" in Take 2 replied about a possible porting of the game Civilization III to linux, saying their "legal department" doesnt see a "viable option" for them based on the information provided up to this point, which was substantial. I suppose it was expected, this is the same Take 2 that region restricts all their games, sues their developers for 20 million USD and infect their games with DRM. I think I'll try a more open and reachable publisher, like Atari or Ubisoft instead.
    I get the jab at Atari but not Ubisoft, care to expand?

Leave a comment:

• xav1r
    replied
    Well, since it turned out to be another dead end, I'll just put it here. My "contact" in Take 2 replied about a possible porting of the game Civilization III to linux, saying their "legal department" doesnt see a "viable option" for them based on the information provided up to this point, which was substantial. I suppose it was expected, this is the same Take 2 that region restricts all their games, sues their developers for 20 million USD and infect their games with DRM. I think I'll try a more open and reachable publisher, like Atari or Ubisoft instead.

Leave a comment:

• Licaon
    replied
    Depths of Peril was looked upon?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X