Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put the wish list for porting projects HERE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
    Three? Only three?
    One of which is going to suffer from delusions of collecting 16 hour days...

Academics have strange expectations of their grad. students.

I'm sure I will manage, at least until various people throw a few more projects on the heap.

Comment

• In soviet Russia, your code has rights to you!

Comment

• I would love to see some of the Timegatestudio products make there way across the void once again. Loki did a port of Kohan: Immortal Soverigns back in the day.

Kohan II: Kings of War I think would be a most welcome game to Linux RTS based 3D.

Another game that looks very very promising is from www.projectoffset.com The three main people behind this project were the main developers of Savage: The Battle for Newerth. Sam McGrath was the original porter of that game to Linux. ProjectOffset is set to release looks like the beggining of 2009, atleast that's what the box pre-order is on ebgames.com

If they arn't already doing a port of this game and knowing a bit of Sam McGraths background... if they are not doing a port I would find it hard to believe he would be against the idea of a port. From the initial demo's of the graphics I have seen on there site it looks like a very impressive graphics engine from pov. I just don't know if it's DX or OGL based yet

Comment

• Originally posted by MNKyDeth View Post
          I just don't know if it's DX or OGL based yet
          Project Offset looks like it's aiming to be a big-game/engine blockbuster. It's been in development for over 4 years, and we haven't even seen an official teaser for the game, yet..

Last he wrote on it, though, the engine is currently Direct3D: http://www.projectoffset.com/blog.php?id=8
          While the rendering code currently supports Direct3D only, I’m being careful not to exclude OpenGL from any overall design decisions I make.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
            Project Offset looks like it's aiming to be a big-game/engine blockbuster. It's been in development for over 4 years, and we haven't even seen an official teaser for the game, yet..

Last he wrote on it, though, the engine is currently Direct3D: http://www.projectoffset.com/blog.php?id=8
            Project Offset was bought by intel so you can pretty much put money on it being a tech demo. (I wouldn't be suprised about linux support though as intel's ray-tracing demo's are done under linux).

Comment

• Offset Software (the developers) were bought buy Intel. AFAIK, they still exists as-is and are making it.. they're just owned by Intel now. Project Offset is definitely a game and not a tech demo, that much is certain (at least in-so-far as Doom3 was a game, too).

Comment

• Originally posted by MNKyDeth View Post
                Kohan II: Kings of War I think would be a most welcome game to Linux RTS based 3D.
                Kohan: Immortal Sovereigns was converted by Loki IIRC.
                The studio may want to pick it up again (assuming they're still around and parted amicably when Loki went down).

Comment

• Hey, what about the Stardock games? They seem like a company that would be interested, or at least consider it, since they sell their games without any copy protection scheme. Galactic Civilizations II and its expansion packs, Sins of a Solar empire could be candidates. I asked at their site if they were going to port Sins to linux, and they said no, however, they might consider having LGP doing the port for them. Maybe if all else fails, Galactic Civilization I, the original dos game.

Comment

• GalCiv2 is published by Paradox Interactive isn't it? They certainly have a forum for the game on their company forums.

Comment

• Originally posted by RobbieAB View Post
                      GalCiv2 is published by Paradox Interactive isn't it? They certainly have a forum for the game on their company forums.
                      From looking at their site I cant find GalCivII there. That game was publisher by their developer, Stardock. Stardock not only makes games, but publishes others' games as well, like in the case of Sins of a solar empire, made by IronClad, and published by them. Anyways, wouldnt they be a good candidate for a linux port of their games?
                      Last edited by xav1r; 15 July 2008, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X