Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put the wish list for porting projects HERE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Then that would rule out Painkiller too, since People Can Fly was acquired by Epic recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
      Ah, so if they're able to license it to the unsupported linux platform, will it cost less than 10k then? Then there's hope.
      It'll cost whatever the studio/publisher for those titles wish to charge for it. If you can arrange it for royalties on sales only, that'd be what the cost would be. If the studio wants $10k for the rights to the game, then it'd be that. IF the licensing on Lithtech is what I think it is, that is. If it's requiring a license to be able to move it to unsupported platforms, you'd need an additional $10k or so on top of what the studio wants to make the game happen.

This is why trying to do this stuff can be SO much **FUN**...

Ah, ok, I found about this company a while back, like a few months ago, and I was surprised when i went to their site to see that they have an office near where I live. Well, not near, but like 20 minutes away. They make all kinds of games, not only fps games like Terrorist Takedown 2, but adventure games as well. I dont think their games are "hot", so there might be a possiblity there.
      Heh... Casual FPS, racing, etc. titles. Terrorist Takedown got a real stinker score from some of the review sites. Don't know about "2", but I suppose it's a start if they're willing to give us the time of day.

Comment

• Well, damn, i got this not so uplifting email from Les:

If I still had it, I would have no idea where it is. Maybe in the attic with a bunch of old papers. In either case, it would be of no help to you in finding who the current owner of the game rights is because it was written up years before they folded. So the information in it would be what was current at the that time. Whoever bought the remains of the company after they folded is who owns the rights now. - Les
        I replied for possible ideas he might have on tracking down who bought the remains of the company after it folded. This information should be publicly available, right? Its not like its a matter of national security.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
          Don't know offhand about ST:Armada yet, or EF- but EF2 was done by Ritual. Rights are not likely and while Ritual used the Q3:Arena engine as a baseline, we haven't a clue just how modified it was, nor do we have the game framework DLL (which is what defines the game around the assets against the engine- without it you don't have a game, you've just an engine.).
          AFAIK there is some sort of port, just like ioquake for Q3A, yet you still would need the original CD to be able to install it. It only concerns EF1, not EF2, iirc.

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
            I replied for possible ideas he might have on tracking down who bought the remains of the company after it folded. This information should be publicly available, right? Its not like its a matter of national security.
            Not always. If they didn't sell assets, you'd have to find one of the former principals of the company. Even if they did sell assets, if there was no formal transfer of Copyright registration from them to the new owner, there may not be a lot to go on unless they did a Chapter 7 proceeding when they shuttered the doors. According to some online scuttlebutt (From the guy who did Harpoon III for the Mac...), they DID enter into a 7 proceeding, but I don't know if those assets were sold to anyone at auction or transferred to their creditors.

In the case of a few other IntraCorp published titles, the rights devolved to the studio, so I am thinking they didn't get much of any takers for the rights on the titles they had in hand, so we might be looking at some nice stuff afterall. As it stands, even if we DON'T find a rights holder, it led me to some OTHER very, very promising leads on things. (As it stands, I'm evaluating one of the other lead's NDA's right now and I think we may have a starting project... )- Harpoon II and III plus there's a few other titles on Matrix Games' site that might be promising and possible.

For Witchaven, etc., we need to find out what happens when the company dies and doesn't sell anything off beforehand- and find out if they did this or find the buyer. I'll check into the first right away.

Comment

• Originally posted by charon View Post
              AFAIK there is some sort of port, just like ioquake for Q3A, yet you still would need the original CD to be able to install it. It only concerns EF1, not EF2, iirc.
              Interesting tidbit, that... But then, Raven would have probably just did a game driver DLL for EF1 when they did it- they only enhanced things when it's called for (Like on SoF 1 & 2 where they needed the Ghoul enhancements for gameplay purposes...). Ritual did a bit more "enhancing" when they got the engine from people. SiN was a Q2/Q3 engine derivative and it was hacked up quite a bit to suit what they wanted out of it- which made the game almost unplayable on the machines of the day when it came over to Linux.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                (As it stands, I'm evaluating one of the other lead's NDA's right now and I think we may have a starting project... )
                oo, oo, should I be cracking open the champagne and jumping for joy?

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                For Witchaven, etc., we need to find out what happens when the company dies and doesn't sell anything off beforehand- and find out if they did this or find the buyer. I'll check into the first right away.
                Don't they devolve to the shareholders who after all own the company?

Comment

• Yea, I'm believing that too, the shareholders might own the rights. Where are you going to find this information on what goes on to a company after it disolves and theres no copyright transfer? Maybe I can look it up too. I'm very interested in seeing some work done in these titles. I researched this a while back, and tried contacting a few of the former employees of the company, including its former CEO. He know works at an insurance company in Florida, but didnt reply my emails. Same thing with Joe Abbati, which did sound work for Intracorp, and is now working at the universitdy of Miami at Florida. The other former employee i found about was Ruben Cabrera, and he now works in 3drealms.

Comment

• Just wanted to add that I loved the original "Age of Wonders", and unfortunately when I wanted to get it locally I could never find it (stores listed it but didn't have it), but I'm promising here that I'll buy it if there's ever a linux port. (I don't really like AoW2 or the ones after)

You have permission to go bang on my door and collect the money if I forget about this promise

Comment

• Originally posted by RobbieAB View Post
                      oo, oo, should I be cracking open the champagne and jumping for joy?
                      Yes, and maybe brushing up on your game dev skills...

Don't they devolve to the shareholders who after all own the company?
                      Only in the case of a publicly traded company- it gets murky past that. It's a known that at least one IntraCorp published title devolved back to the studio- that means that they weren't likely to have been public. We're going to have to sort through things a bit here. Keep in mind, in a Chapter 7 filing, the officers of the company do NOT get to keep anything from the sale or the lack thereof. (Even for a personal 7 filing, there's a handful of protected items, but the rest goes POOF...)
                      Last edited by Svartalf; 12 July 2008, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X