Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put the wish list for porting projects HERE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
    So thats a very good bit of info. Does anyone know if Gametek is still around? If they are, they might know something interesting.
    They went Chapter 11 in '97, but converted to 7 in '98 and closed doors for good. It is believed that their foray into N64 titles did them in. Some assets were sold to Take2, though it's unclear if they bought Witchaven through Gametek or not.

I emailed him back about his employment agreement, Ill report back when he replies.
    I'm hopeful if he has it that it has the loophole I suggested might be there. It might be the only way to legally DO this with those titles. If not, even with code, unless we can find the rights holder, these are dead ends at that point.

Comment

• How about the Warhammer series?
      Developer: Relic
      Publisher: THQ

They also make Company of Heroes, and the Warhammer games consistently have upgrades for them. Maybe they could start you out with an older one to get the gears going?

I haven't found anything as to their position of linux or not. Maybe even talk with THQ and see if they would want to start some of their projects.

Comment

• Ah yea, warhammer, you beat me to it. I dont know, probably THQ would be interested, but the warhammer faanchise belongs to gameshop or something like that. Maybe the original warhammer or the dark crusade one, since they are somewhat old now. Warhammer, MoC probably too, but that one belongs to namco bandai.

Comment

the warhammer faanchise belongs to gameshop or something like that.
          If only FASA studios were still around. ^_^
          Now we have to deal with Wizkids, Day 1, and possibly even Microsoft for the Mechwarrior Series.
          That one would be the cream in my coffee though... I would love to put money to Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries and even help tweak that one to Linux (once I know how to).
          I'd settle for the Mechwarrior 2 series though...

Comment

• What about another one of my favorites games of all time: Shogo: Mobile Armor Division. That game is simply a classic.

Comment

What about another one of my favorites games of all time: Shogo: Mobile Armor Division. That game is simply a classic.
              TuxGames has this game.

Comment

What about another one of my favorites games of all time: Shogo: Mobile Armor Division. That game is simply a classic.
                That one's been ported a long while back- Hyperion did it, did a better job with it than the attempt at SiN (There was something about what Ritual did with their engine code in SiN that didn't port over well and it made for choppy game play without an uber machine. SiN, itself was a bit of a heavyweight anyhow...). Shogo:MAD was a Monolith early title, using the Lithtech 2.0 engine. If it weren't for all the screwy stuff that Hyperion got themselves into with doing the AmigaOS work and then getting into a legal pissing match with the Amiga people over it when things went south on that deal... As it stands, with the low sales and Hyperion's future being largely at question (they've NOT been doing much of anything once the lawyers got involved with AOS...), I don't know if any further Lithtech stuff will happen anytime soon. They have their foot in the door over there- they MIGHT be able to sell someone on further Lithtech engine ports and games from the same- but only if they survive this and get back to doing game ports. The last little bit of porting work was a joint effort between them and LGP that got released back in 2006, Gorky 17.
                Last edited by Svartalf; 10 July 2008, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• Damn, so it's not very likely then. Interesting that there hasnt been any recent lithtech games lately, the most recent i can think of is one called Terrorist Takedown 2 by City Interactive. Which brings me to the questions, do you think that company would be interested in a partnership with LGP? I tried emailing them but my emails were bounced off by their servers as spam. Another title i was thinking was maybe Operation Flashpoint from Bohemian Interactive, the ones that made ArmA.

Comment

• How about Sniper Elite?

Comment

• Originally posted by SlackerTD View Post
                      TuxGames has this game.
                      Yes, but trying to run this game on any modern distribution is futile. It does require a long time needed patch (I do have it, bought from TuxGames, by the way)

Comment

Working...
                      X