Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put the wish list for porting projects HERE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
    Intracorp was the publisher, Capstone was the captive studio for the same. Les MIGHT have a lead on the people to talk to- and he might have his old employment agreements (I have all of mine, I just can't lay hands on some of my old ones...). Since you've gotten in touch with him in the past, would you be so kind as to try to get in touch with him again?
    Yea sure, in fact, i just emailed him a moment ago. Im awaiting his reply. I asked him about whether he still has his employment agreements when he was a Intracorp employee. Ill let you know when he replies.

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
      Hehehe, maybe this is a little off, but what about this game?

Spiderweb Software creates epic indie fantasy adventures for Windows, Macintosh, and the iPad, including the hit Avernum, Geneforge and Avadon series.

Its a 1997 game called Blades of Exile. The company that made it released the full source code of it under the GPL. I havent played it, but i've read that it was a very fun and popular turn based game.
      It's based off of old-style, GB/GBA-ish RPG style graphics- the gameplay's decent, but it'd need at least a little bit of modernization on the rendering pieces to be worth doing much with.

Comment

• Isnt Max Payne owned by rockstar/Take 2 now? In that case it'd be difficult to port it. I thought the jedi knight as well as the star trek games were made by raven, hmmm.

Comment

Isnt Max Payne owned by rockstar/Take 2 now? In that case it'd be difficult to port it. I thought the jedi knight as well as the star trek games were made by raven, hmmm.
          I think you're right on Max Payne- but it's still a possibility; just more of a "maybe" than anything else right now.

As for the rest...

Jedi Knight II : Raven. Used modified Q3:A engine. Might have access to things if Lucasarts could be convinced. Not likely right now. Once I have a better bead on what we DO have and what we might get as a result, we can revisit.

Jedi Acadamy : Raven. Used the JK2 engine mods and carried them a bit further. Same story as JK2...

ST:Armada : Activision in-house. Uses the modernized Battlezone engine. DEAD.

ST:Elite Force : Raven. Published by Activision. This would probably be tougher to get than JK2 and JA, in my opinion, because of the publisher. Unlikely.

Comment

Isnt Max Payne owned by rockstar/Take 2 now? In that case it'd be difficult to port it. I thought the jedi knight as well as the star trek games were made by raven, hmmm.
            I can't remember. I haven't played those games in so long...

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
              ST:Elite Force : Raven. Published by Activision. This would probably be tougher to get than JK2 and JA, in my opinion, because of the publisher. Unlikely.
              That and it's a franchise name.
              Although that's the same case with JK2/JA

Comment

• Soldat
                Soldat, the most popular unique 2D side-view multiplayer action game

A 2D shooter.

It is free to play, although I think you need a registration code for more advanced features.
                It has community support with wine, so I don't know if they'd be willing to have it ported.

It would be a nice one to start off with.

Comment

• Ahhh.. Just thinking about Raptor at 1024x768 and 5.1 sound effects

Comment

• Ok, here are more "recent" gaming suggestions:

- Operation Flashpoint.

- Terrorist Takedown

- Vietcong 1 and 2

- Dracula Origin

Comment

• Ok, here's the email I got from Les Bird:

I have no idea who owns the rights at this point. I was trying to find out who owns the rights to Corridor 7 and they probably also own the rights to Witchaven and Tekwar but I've had no luck at all. I know at one time it was published by Gametek so maybe they purchased the rights to some of Capstone's software at one time but I don't even know if they still exist.

And yes, IntraCorp published their owns titles.
                      So thats a very good bit of info. Does anyone know if Gametek is still around? If they are, they might know something interesting. I emailed him back about his employment agreement, Ill report back when he replies.

Comment

Working...
                      X