Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put the wish list for porting projects HERE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
    Witchaven titles - not likely. Studio went bye-bye and we'd need the engine mods to the Build Engine that they did to accomplish driving their assets.

System Shock - Not possible. Looking Glass went defunct and there was no clear release of where the code went to when they did because they were an Indie studio when they published both.

Soldier of Fortune II - Maybe. Need to get a few of these likely candidates under our belts before we go to Raven and ask 'em about it or anything else they've got rights to.

Call of Duty 4 - Heh... Mainline AAA title from Activision. Not going to happen at this time or in the near to medium future.

UT3 - Epic's working on this. Uh, this list is soliciting ideas for things that either *I* or some other porting interest can realistically get rights to. THIS isn't it.
    Well, both of the Witchaven titles' full source code modfifications to the build engine are available for free, one of the former programmers that worked on it released them on his website. www.lesbird.com. BTw, did you get my previous post about Redneck Rampage? The franchise was bought a few years ago by Vivendi, they own the rights to it, so it might be a problem getting them to allow it to be ported. Do you think 3dr would agree to port their games too? I would love to see rise of the triad native on linux. Maybe some adventure games, like Perry Rhodan too.

Comment

• I visited the lesbird link and I couldn't find Witchhaven on there. Might be something I missed on that site?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
        But still, a home-grown engine that handles Daggerfall's assets is a viable option.
        This is currently being done for Morrowind http://openmw.snaptoad.com/ an interesting choice of language I might add (using D).

Edit: xav1r's mention of adventure games brought Sam and Max to mind, it's a small franchise but has a solid group of fans.
        Last edited by Aradreth; 07 July 2008, 08:47 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
          This is currently being done for Morrowind http://openmw.snaptoad.com/ an interesting choice of language I might add (using D).

Edit: xav1r's mention of adventure games brought Sam and Max to mind, it's a small franchise but has a solid group of fans.
          An interesting choice of language indeed. I wondered though if they should have just ripped out Quake 3's engine and added support for TES assets. lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
            An interesting choice of language indeed. I wondered though if they should have just ripped out Quake 3's engine and added support for TES assets. lol.
            They are using the Ogre engine as the base for graphics.

Comment

• After that, they can graduate to Open Oblivion.

Comment

• If they do Oblivion they can do Fallout 3 too! Anyway lets stick to the topic, eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
                  If they do Oblivion they can do Fallout 3 too! Anyway lets stick to the topic, eh?
                  Why? we have got to page 18 without...

OK, there may two or three pages worth of on topic posts in there...

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
                    -snip-
                    I would love to see rise of the triad native on linux.
                    This appears to already be on Icculus.

Comment

• Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
                      I visited the lesbird link and I couldn't find Witchhaven on there. Might be something I missed on that site?
                      Oh, sorry, yea, its kinda around there, here's a direct link:

Right there's the full source of the 3 games he worked at while employed at that company.

Edit: Oh, just as a note, as it's stated on the site, one of the files has a virus. It's an old dos era virus, that can be easily detected and eliminated with any free AV available. Since most if not all the people here are *nix users i dont think that'll be a problem anyways.
                      Last edited by xav1r; 07 July 2008, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X