Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put the wish list for porting projects HERE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we like... stay on topic? It's getting real painful to read the thread for game suggestions with all these discussions.

Take the WINE/Windows salestalk discussion elsewhere. Post if you have something to contribute with regards to the porting wishlist.
    Last edited by niniendowarrior; 01 July 2008, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Back on page 10, I suggested writing to Blizzard from their webform requesting that they make their games support Linux. Here was their response:
      Blizzard currently does not develop for the Linux platform; however, we are keeping an eye on the progress of Linux and may change in the future. Currently we only support our games on the platforms listed on the box/website. There are some issues with Linux that may interfere with a connection to our servers as well. Overall, we do not support the use of our games on Linux.
      It wasn't quite what I had hoped for, but at least they were nice enough to respond. That whole thing about Linux interfering with connecting to their servers seems...strange tho I wonder if M$ told them that

Comment

• They were referring to the WoW/Cedega mass banning of Cedega players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max Spain View Post
          It wasn't quite what I had hoped for, but at least they were nice enough to respond. That whole thing about Linux interfering with connecting to their servers seems...strange tho I wonder if M$ told them that
          they've told me that they can't answer anything now

Comment

• My personal wish list:

* America's Army
            * IL-2 Sturmovik (I would even buy that game again as it is unquestionably one of the best flight simulations ever)

And even if its not gonna happen:

* StarCraft II
            * Diablo III

Comment

• My list in no particular order:

-Witchaven I and II
              -System shock 1
              -soldier of fortune II
              -Rise of the Triad
              -cod4
              -ut3

Comment

• I bet this would be a best seller.

Comment

• Originally posted by Janusz11 View Post
                  My personal wish list:

* America's Army
                  * IL-2 Sturmovik (I would even buy that game again as it is unquestionably one of the best flight simulations ever)

And even if its not gonna happen:

* StarCraft II
                  * Diablo III
                  Heh... IL-2's a maybe- it'll depend on whether 1C and UbiSoft are receptive to a port project for it and the upcoming sequel. The rest is unlikely.

America's Army is an AD for the US Army, first and foremost. The DoD can't take money for someone to make the Linux version modernized as a current title, nor do they have the budget, really, to continue making the Linux version go. We're lucky we got it as long as we could- and you can thank Ryan Gordon for that much.

Old Blizzard titles are unlikely and Diablo III...really...this thread is a request for things that're going to be practical or doable by the community as a whole. Diablo III, which is an in-progress AAA franchise title, would depend on their publisher's kindness- which hasn't been very good to us overall in the recent past.

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
                    My list in no particular order:

-Witchaven I and II
                    -System shock 1
                    -soldier of fortune II
                    -Rise of the Triad
                    -cod4
                    -ut3
                    Witchaven titles - not likely. Studio went bye-bye and we'd need the engine mods to the Build Engine that they did to accomplish driving their assets.

System Shock - Not possible. Looking Glass went defunct and there was no clear release of where the code went to when they did because they were an Indie studio when they published both.

Soldier of Fortune II - Maybe. Need to get a few of these likely candidates under our belts before we go to Raven and ask 'em about it or anything else they've got rights to.

Call of Duty 4 - Heh... Mainline AAA title from Activision. Not going to happen at this time or in the near to medium future.

UT3 - Epic's working on this. Uh, this list is soliciting ideas for things that either *I* or some other porting interest can realistically get rights to. THIS isn't it.
                    Last edited by Svartalf; 07 July 2008, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                      Can you stop and be serious like you were with the Falcon 4 suggestion?

Comment

Working...
                      X