Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put the wish list for porting projects HERE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Svartalf
    hows the eu2 port coming, do you have permission to say anything?
    also, if you do port the game, since you've been working on the pandy too... why not make eu2 also available on the openpandora, im sure paradox would be more then happy if it happened.

good luck with your projects anyway.

cheers

Comment

• AFAIK it's kinda died. Initial contacts with Paradox were promising, but than I have heard nothing since. They are majorly busy with HoI3 though.

Comment

• Originally posted by gforum View Post
        @Svartalf
        hows the eu2 port coming, do you have permission to say anything?
        also, if you do port the game, since you've been working on the pandy too... why not make eu2 also available on the openpandora, im sure paradox would be more then happy if it happened.
        As RobbieAB has indicated, the project's stalled a bit. And I think it's less because of wanting us to do it and more they're busy, busy, busy trying to get the next game out and keeping up with Gamersgate. I'm not sure it's dead-dead, but I think now that there's light showing at the end of the tunnel (and not the oncoming train) on Caster (We're ferreting out the bugs that inevitably show up in spite of a decent beta pass- found the worst one, looking for the other two to be sorted before shipping an update...) and my day job, I'll rattle their cage here in the next couple of days and see if I can let 'em know we're waiting patiently for access now that they approved our NDA's...

As for there being an Open Pandora port... Heh... After having had a MK0 and MK2 dev board before having to let it go- I'm going to see to it that anything that I port that'll fit on a Pandora will find it's way there.

Comment

• Heres 1

--------------------------------------------------------------
          I had hopes for the Pandora but its practical use is extremely limited in comparison to the features it actually has.

Former GP2X user here.

Comment

• Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
            Heres 1

--------------------------------------------------------------
            I had hopes for the Pandora but its practical use is extremely limited in comparison to the features it actually has.

Former GP2X user here.
            Whilst that looks like an interesting game I doubt it could be ported as I doubt they have access to the CryEngine 2 source (small company + very low price = unable to afford the source code).

Comment

• unfortunately enough

Comment

• B.A.S.E. Jumping Goes Open Source
                Dive into an extreme experience of absolute freedom! The new computer game "B.A.S.E." offers you the opportunity to experience the awesome thrill of freefall, to witness the adventure of overcoming indomitable air elements, and feel that moment of truth when a human being takes his last, decisive step into the gaping abyss before him... Game soundtrack will be entirely alternative. One of themes is written by "4h-X", the rest of tracks are songs of "Dirty MoleculAs".

BASE-jumping simulator. This game is entirely devoted to the most fascinating of extreme sports - BASE-jumping. Specially developed physics reflect the subtleties of this process: freefall, acrobatics, parachute flight, landing, wind and turbulence.

Acrobatics. Freefall lasts only a dozen seconds, but once you get used to the gameplay you will understand that it's ample time to pull off some mad tricks.

Real geographical locations. A real-life replica is placed in each of the game's jumping sites. The majority of these sites are well-known both among BASE jumpers and to the general public.

Camera effects. Various effects (both animation "slo-mo" and "shaking", as well as graphic "motion blur" and "depth of field") are implemented to reproduce the entire range of sensations of a BASE jump.

BASE Gear. The game allows you to test-jump dozens of real-world types of gear specifically developed for BASE jumping.

Virtues and skills. Each successful jump increases your character's experience. As time goes by, your character can acquire new aerobatic skills.
                BASE source code (Released: May.1.2009) / d3basejumper@googlecode / manual & other patches

Comment

• Whilst cool that another game has been released under a open source license I'd much rather go base jumping in real life then do it on a computer.

Comment

• It's released under GPL v3 according to this page:

Comment

• qwwqqw

Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
                      Whilst cool that another game has been released under a open source license I'd much rather go shoot aliens or kill hellspawn creatures in real life then do it on a computer.
                      ...fixed

Comment

Working...
                      X