Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put the wish list for porting projects HERE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by djack View Post
    That was a fun game. Also the publisher (Empire Interactive) looks like it may be going down the pan (http://kotaku.com/5226906/flatout-pu...ed-for-a-crash). Would this make discussion or rights acquisition easier or more difficult?
    Typically, more difficult.

Comment

• Originally posted by tuke81 View Post
      How about some racing games:
      Richard burns rally Publisher Sci(might be eidos nowadays)
      Oh man, I would be the happiest man in the world if RBR came to Linux. Developed by Warthog (purchased by Gizmondo, I believe), Published by SCi Games, which I believe Eidos ditched a few years ago (not sure). I think this title is a long list of licensing nightmare. Plus the developers of RBR went to do RFactor (I believe). I hope RF gets to be released on Linux.

Comment

• I'd like to suggest Tripwire Interactive's games Red Orchestra and Killing Floor, both of which use the Unreal 2.5 engine (and so can probably be ported to Linux).

Comment

• I doubt you will see those Unreal engine games, remember that they would need a seperate Linux license for UE which costs money (no idea what a UE2.5 license is these days though)

Comment

• hmm, this is an older engine so id figure that EPIC would be willing to cut a deal. Its not like tripwire doesnt have the sourcecode already. id figure it be an upper 5 digit cost. It is unlikely however that the linux community could buy back that cost.

Comment

• What about some old classics from the bronze era? Im talking about Starfleet and Star Control. I think the former is indirectly owned by EA, so that might be a problem, im not 100% certain, nonetheless. And the other one i think activision bought the company who made it.

Comment

• i miss rts games like Imperium Galactica 2, Nexus: the jupiter incident, Star Wars: Empire at war + add on (i doubt on this). Maybe the LoRT games published by EA...

Comment

• And Yet It Moves

Developers already stated that they want to make linux version of it. It might be difficult because they used TorqueGameBuilder. More info:
                  RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Comment

• ughh i hate torque. They make a good GDK but the only linux support they will ever provide is community supported.

Comment

• torque is a very bad engine...none of the games based on torque has good quality... Nel engine is way more better than torque and has good linux support and the dev are trying to make a new rendering engine for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X