Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put the wish list for porting projects HERE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just look at Linux application projects... quite a selection of strange names there too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
      To sound "cool". About like rock band names (Why the heck you'd want to name a band "Toad The Wet Sprocket", "Stone Temple Pilots", or "Veruca Salt" is beyond me, but we happen to have bands named that way... ).

In the end, it matters little if the stuff's good.
      Damn, you like those bands?? Youre so old. You like the last decade, heh?

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
        Damn, you like those bands?? Youre so old. You like the last decade, heh?
        Did I SAY I liked those bands?

The narfy, goofy names stuck in my head and were examples.

I listen to things like Jethro Tull, Aerosmith, The Rolling Stones, Styx, etc... While my listening tastes are eclectic, most of that 90's "music" wasn't music.

Comment

• Why wasn't music? I would consider techno and all that crap not music ( more raping your /dev/dsp on the way out of the door ). At last with 80s/90s you had some ear worms and melody which somehow gets a bit lost nowadays ( at least for those music genres ).

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
            Why wasn't music? I would consider techno and all that crap not music ( more raping your /dev/dsp on the way out of the door ). At last with 80s/90s you had some ear worms and melody which somehow gets a bit lost nowadays ( at least for those music genres ).
            Heh... A lot of that music from that era was that sort of thing, either directly or indirectly- at least to me... Each has their own musical tastes.

Comment

• I prefer the rock/metal alt,(stupid label) bands of the early last decade than the average garden variety good charlottes or taking back sundays or any of those stupid idiotic bands. And I dont think it's because im "old".

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                Heh... A lot of that music from that era was that sort of thing, either directly or indirectly- at least to me... Each has their own musical tastes.
                At last back then we had a variety of music styles which really had been different. Nowadays you have like tens of different "house" or "techno" or give-it-some-strange-name music genre where I start questioning where the fucking difference is in the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
                  At last back then we had a variety of music styles which really had been different. Nowadays you have like tens of different "house" or "techno" or give-it-some-strange-name music genre where I start questioning where the fucking difference is in the end.
                  That means youre getting old too. Welcome!

Comment

• Well... I do feel in fact rather old ( although I'm not that old ) looking at the age of people roaming the internet nowadays. If this goes on you stumble sooner or later over babies shouting "n00b" at you in chats :P

Comment

• I would ask people to keep this honest. This is not a blind wish list for everything and anything, it is a request for suggestions of things that someone, myself or others, can reasonably obtain the rights to produce a port for Linux. If you are in a production studio AAA or their publishers to make it possible, say so when you ask it otherwise put the pie in the sky aspirations elsewhere, please.

Comment

Working...
                      X