Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put the wish list for porting projects HERE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
    So what can be done? Theres an opportunity here, its not our problem that these 2 companies are engaged in a pissing contest, their little fight shouldnt have these games and such fall into outer space as a consequence.
    I think that the original owners would have the rights if the parties in the contract were the ones that pulled the trigger and handed it to Snowblind (Which is the case I am actually seeing here from the second hand info we're getting...)- Crave can bitch all they want, they lost it and they weren't using it anyhow.

Let us know what comes of it, xav1r.

Comment

• Originally posted by RobbieAB View Post
      I was referring to why a port could end up in a legal mess, rather than the current situation. They would sort of have a plausible sounding case, kind of, and it would certainly sound more plausible than SCOs case. Add to that, there does exist a large company who would love to see another messy legal wrangle drag out for 5 years tainting Linux by association...
      HOW? This is a game, not the kernel. And, it'd be a cross-platform project with Linux being one of the targets.

I'm going to say that we ought to be cautious, but my read is that if there was clauses in the licensing deal, then they probably DID it which is why you're seeing the downloadable version of Death Tanks for 360. And Crave's seeing a revenue stream slip through their fingers and throwing whatever up against the wall to see if it sticks and they can get that stream going for them instead of Snowblind.

Comment

• "Taint by association" type attacks have never worked before?

The fact the attack is complete nonsense is pretty irrelevant to how it would be spun, look at Microsoft or Intel marketing for a demo of that...

Comment

• Originally posted by RobbieAB View Post
          "Taint by association" type attacks have never worked before?

The fact the attack is complete nonsense is pretty irrelevant to how it would be spun, look at Microsoft or Intel marketing for a demo of that...

Introducing Powerslave for linux...on the Intel Atom!!!

Comment

• Well, there goes any chance of having the Riddick games ported to linux:

http://www.testfreaks.com/forum/f13/...e-spring-3469/

Atari picked up the rights, so I guess now it's up to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
              Well, there goes any chance of having the Riddick games ported to linux:

http://www.testfreaks.com/forum/f13/...e-spring-3469/

Atari picked up the rights, so I guess now it's up to them.
              Well...hell...

You're right...for right now, that's pretty much a dead subject.

Comment

• Yea, I know, it's sad actually. But let's keep the hopes up. Have you been able to follow-up on the other games mentioned here a few pages back?

Comment

• Well, being Riddik a rather big franchise, it doesn't surprise me much that it was a rather big publisher that got the rights.

Comment

• Why the despair over such a rubbish title? j/k

Okay, maybe I don't like the Chronicles of Riddick games... so I don't feel sad about it. lol.

Comment

• Wow, finally, a break. I got this email from Erza Dreishbach today regarding Powerslave:

As far as I'm concerned personally, you can do whatever you want with it free of charge. However, you've got a lot of other people to talk to. I'm pretty sure Playmates or someone has the rights to the Powerslave game. Lobotomy didn't seem to think it retained them. And Crave certainly considers themselves to own some rights to the Powerslave engine.

Also, Snowblind and I may have obtained all Lobotomy's rights, but I don't really feel like I should be the one to control Powerslave IP. I'd want to talk to the other Lobotomy members about any kind of deal.
                      So he's OK with that!! Now it's a matter of contacting the right people.

Comment

Working...
                      X