Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put the wish list for porting projects HERE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like "Rainbow Six: Raven Shield"! Based upon the Unreal 2.5 Engine (thought I was never able to activate the OpenGL Renderpath). Dreams are great..

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
      Actually, you oftentimes get told "NO" or "Hell, NO!" outright- I know, Blizzard's done it to us in the past when people came asking.

I will concur there. At least, however, they're not outright hostile- ask Gas Powered about Dungeon Siege and they'll tell you "no". It might even be a polite one, but you'll always get it from them because of their publisher...
      I wonder why Blizzard was that hostile when you tried to ask them(When was it?), since they have Mac versions of their games with OpenGL and all..

Comment

• Originally posted by Extreme Coder View Post
        I wonder why Blizzard was that hostile when you tried to ask them(When was it?), since they have Mac versions of their games with OpenGL and all..
        Freecraft.

More than anything else, that affair caused a HUGE amount of ill-feeling on both sides.

Comment

• Originally posted by RobbieAB View Post
          Freecraft.

More than anything else, that affair caused a HUGE amount of ill-feeling on both sides.
          Ouch.. I forgot about that for a bit..
          But it can't be that bad, can it? That bad to make them not want to release a Linux version?

Comment

• Getting told to "Sue us" for three years wasn't bad? Being forced to go to court to get their way? I could well understand there being a massive reservoir of ill-feeling over it, and a general hatred of Linux as a platform with in the management structure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Extreme Coder View Post
              Between the pissing matches the Linux community have had with them over Starcraft, the Freecraft project, Bnetd, and similar things, I don't think they've been overly friendly until recently. When asked about Diablo 2, they kind of told us "Hell, NO!" and some of the same goings on with some of the other titles in their lineup over time.

Comment

• Originally posted by RobbieAB View Post
                Getting told to "Sue us" for three years wasn't bad? Being forced to go to court to get their way? I could well understand there being a massive reservoir of ill-feeling over it, and a general hatred of Linux as a platform with in the management structure.
                There was already a bit of a big reservoir of ill-will present on both sides before that due to us asking about other things, someone taking a non-committal response from one of the techs that wasn't an outright "NO" as they were porting Warcraft II and Starcraft, and the resultant pissing match when they said "NO, we aren't..." that came of it.

There's a reason WHY I keep trying to get people to stop being so damn vitriolic in the UT3 gripe threads. It's okay to be pissed off. It's not so damn okay to let the upset boil into letting you think that it's okay to do things you'll damn well later regret fully. We're still paying for those pissing matches. WoW probably got nixed by the publisher because of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
                  Freedom Fighters isn't likely to get a port due to EA as mentioned. I do wonder though if we try a Linux test on EA by e-mailing them and asking if they have Medal of Honor Allied Assault on Linux. If EA truly knows Linux exists, they'll say 'Yes' we do and perhaps point you to a link. Otherwise, they'll say we haven't ported it, in which case, we know they are lying or simply don't know. lol.

Waste of time, but I'm curious to see what sort of response if any. haha.
                  Go for it. It'll just cost you the time it takes to write the email.

Comment

• Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
                    Freedom Fighters isn't likely to get a port due to EA as mentioned. I do wonder though if we try a Linux test on EA by e-mailing them and asking if they have Medal of Honor Allied Assault on Linux. If EA truly knows Linux exists, they'll say 'Yes' we do and perhaps point you to a link. Otherwise, they'll say we haven't ported it, in which case, we know they are lying or simply don't know. lol.

Waste of time, but I'm curious to see what sort of response if any. haha.
                    worth a shot, after all, Medal of Honor Allied assault and its both expansion packs did have a nativue linux client.

Comment

• Ouch.. Didn't know things were that bad between Blizzard and the Linux community.. But I didn't see any evidence of pissing matches from the community over Blizzard's games (probably just me)

.. And here I thought Blizzard would be one of the companies that in a few years would port their games to Linux.. :/ Too bad, I always loved their Warcraft series.

Comment

Working...
                      X