Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put the wish list for porting projects HERE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Extreme Coder View Post
    Hmm.. I really hope they agree, but that's wishful thinking I guess.. It'd take a lot of time to port their DX10 game to GL..
    Missed commenting on this and the other tidbit in the previous reply...

DX10 isn't as much of a bar as you'd think- pretty much all the functionality of DX10 is exposed as ARB extensions and if they've designed this right, there should be a few downgrade paths for where the extensions aren't present.

Do you mean the small studio that developed a game and Majesco closed them or something similar that was linked here?
    Yes. Majesco is not to be dealt with if at all possible for what they did- at least in my book, it's the case.

I never thought the games industry was such a scary place I'm looking at becoming a games programmer though.. (I'm still 15 though, so I'm still sometime before that :P )
    Heh... It's more akin to the Music and Movie industries than most people think it is these days- which can be very, very messy at times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
      Okay... 15 and already a "Senior Member". Guys NOW I'm scared
      I think they just call me Senior because of my post count. I got waaay more than that on some other forums :P

Comment

• Same here. Got one publisher we're waiting for the thumbs up from and then a signing of NDA's and we should get a handful of strategy games made available from their online site in a couple of months from the signing of things.
        Nice to hear about it Any hints though? Or can you atleast tell me if an AoE/EE/WarCraft fan would like their style of games?

Comment

• Originally posted by Extreme Coder View Post
          Nice to hear about it Any hints though? Or can you atleast tell me if an AoE/EE/WarCraft fan would like their style of games?
          Would you like Europa Universalis 2?

Comment

• I didn't know Svartalf played with the ill-fated purple cube.

Viewtiful Joe is nice but it was surely a niche project as far as I'm concerned. Had a bit of fun on that. Very easy to play, but the art direction is hit or miss.

Nice to hear some progress hopefully it spawns some nice titles along the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
              Would you like Europa Universalis 2?
              Hmm.. Looks like a new style of game play for me, but I'll take it in any case as long as its fun

Comment

• Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
                I didn't know Svartalf played with the ill-fated purple cube.
                The GC was cheap and the adult (as in Teen/Mature rated...) titles that were on it at start and over time were actually FUN to play. (The cheap part was critical- my ex managed to blow through quite a bit of household funds on her stuff but if I were to buy a "toy" for myself...whooo... It'd better be well under 200 and not very often at all... There's a reason she's my ex... ). The GC was underrated, if you ask me. They made a few off decisions (including not trying to arrange a more broad lineup of styles of games at rollout...too many kiddie titles. Something they still seem to have a small bit of trouble with at Nintendo...) which fated it to be third.

The PS2, in comparison, isn't as capable of a machine overall, but it took first with the X-Box taking second. I happen to have a PS2 and a GC (A role now being served by my Wii... While it's a little more clumsy than I would have liked to have it, it was a smart move on Nintendo's part to have the old mode in there...) but no X-Box. Don't want it- I even went out of my way to import a UK copy of Shenmue 2 to not have to buy the X-Box version.

Viewtiful Joe is nice but it was surely a niche project as far as I'm concerned. Had a bit of fun on that. Very easy to play, but the art direction is hit or miss.
                I think that was part of the idea- it was supposed to be like a "bad" super-hero flick/video game. Art direction being hit or miss is part of that impression, actually.

Comment

• Hey people!! Good news! Or at least, good leads! I just got emails from both the crytek and the Bohemian interactive guys!

Here's the crytek guy's reply:

Greetings,

I have forwarded your request to the respective people at our R&D department. They?ll probably message you within the upcoming days.

Cheers,
                  And here's the Bohemian interactive guy's reply:

Hi,

Thank you for your proposal We will discuss it internally and if it could be suitable for our company I will get back to you.

Best Regards,
                  i think we might be getting somewhere here ...

Comment

• Uhm... those are not really *blistering* news. That's the sort of thing you hear always, no matter if positive or not. That's like getting excited when the car ignition works... but if it actually drives is an entire different story altogether

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
                      Hey people!! Good news! Or at least, good leads! I just got emails from both the crytek and the Bohemian interactive guys!

Here's the crytek guy's reply:

And here's the Bohemian interactive guy's reply:

i think we might be getting somewhere here ...
                      What games are Bohemian Interactive responsible for?

Comment

Working...
                      X