Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put the wish list for porting projects HERE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
    Heh... In this case, they knew it wasn't a Windows SKU and they had to explain to people that unless you ran this Leeenooks on your computer that it wouldn't run on it and you didn't want it.
    Well, at least they did. It would have been more damaging if they HADN'T...

Comment

• An update on things... NDA's HAVE been signed on the Europa Universalis 2 engine (Yes...) and there's a new entrant on the looking into list- go over to the first post on the thread if you're curious as to what just got added...

Comment

• As I'm looking through the list, Freespace already has a Linux client.

Weither or not it needs a cleanup, that's a different issue.
        Last edited by me262; 22 January 2009, 03:24 AM. Reason: 1 and 2!

Comment

• Just need someone to take up the offer...

Comment

• Originally posted by me262 View Post
            As I'm looking through the list, Freespace already has a Linux client.

Weither or not it needs a cleanup, that's a different issue.
            The big deal there isn't that it needs cleanup (The URLs are to older versions of the source port...the Freespace Source Code Project has the latest and greatest...)- it's trying to get an officially supported for Linux version with Interplay's blessings. You can get Freespace/Freespace2 itself from Good Old Games for download- and play it with the FS-SCP installer. But that's not QUITE the same as downloading an official installer, now is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vadi View Post
              http://vadi-blog.com/2009/01/20/comm...ux-maintainer/

Just need someone to take up the offer...
              Did you look at the first page, Vadi?

I'm talking with Mike right now on the subject...

Comment

• Whats all that crap about religious intolerance in the caster blog??

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
                  Whats all that crap about religious intolerance in the caster blog??
                  There are Linux zealots, and there are religous zealots... same actions, behavior, just a different cause.

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
                    Whats all that crap about religious intolerance in the caster blog??
                    Someone with their panties in a wad over Mike supporting Prop 8 in Calif.

Some people think that anyone that's not with them is a full-on bigot and has to be suppressed for the good of all (Never mind that the people asking for that sort of thing are guilty of the very thing they accuse their targets thereof...)- that they're going to take every penny and put it to putting down other people's rights.

Just ignore 'em.

Comment

• An update is in order...

We're still waiting to hear back from Paradox on EU2.

However...Caster's getting NDA's signed and a contract drafted up for production of Linux binaries for multiple target platforms, including X86 and Pandora. The list has been updated accordingly.

As soon as things are settled, I'll start doing inquiries elsewhere on a few other port prospects to pick up. As always, if you know of a lead, speak up. As leads close, there may be openings for people to step up to the plate and help out on things.

Comment

Working...
                      X