Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put the wish list for porting projects HERE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
    EDIT:
    Still digging around for obscure things and I found this.

What a funny thread to think they got an EA Community Representative to mention "Linux". lol.
    What I love more is that the Windows fanboys seem to feel that they HAVE to put Linux down at every turn. While I don't like Windows, I certainly don't deny them their "right" to have those games and wouldn't if the positions were reversed. It's almost like their very existence is threatened by people that think Linux is great.

Comment

• Originally posted by RobbieAB View Post
      I meant the EA games thread...

"Linux jjust isn't niche enough anymore... I WANT EA games on my Solaris Sparc workstation!"
      ROFLMAO! Hell, if you're looking for "niche"... Solaris is too mainstream even- you're probably wanting games for Haiku.

Comment

• Haiku is still x86, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
          What I love more is that the Windows fanboys seem to feel that they HAVE to put Linux down at every turn. While I don't like Windows, I certainly don't deny them their "right" to have those games and wouldn't if the positions were reversed. It's almost like their very existence is threatened by people that think Linux is great.
          I certainly find it all that much silly. I was browsing that forum for Linux threads and I came across one poster who said: "Why do you use Linux? We are not in the 70s anymore." Words from the ignorant and stupid people. lol.

I wonder if the community representative got reprimanded for mentioning Linux. lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by RobbieAB View Post
            Haiku is still x86, no?
            Yes, but it's VERY "niche". I would think they would need games badly, in light of that line of thinking...

(Now I need to quit being bad here...I do think that it'd be a good idea for them to get games for it- once it's at the 1.0 stage on X86 and it's coming to life for ARM and PPC...)

Comment

• Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
              I wonder if the community representative got reprimanded for mentioning Linux. lol.
              The remark about the Linux for Dummies book can be taken two ways, really...

1) They never give it a second thought.

2) They don't need it because they KNOW it, at least from the server angle (Hint: I've been propositioned by a BUNCH of the industry players over the last four years now to make their server stuff go. Linux gets mentioned a lot on the cold-call emails I get from their recruiters...most of them, actually...)

As for bringing it up as a potential target market, though...heh...his "boss" at EA probably gnawed around the edges of his arse and it fell off over that...

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                Yes, but it's VERY "niche". I would think they would need games badly, in light of that line of thinking...

(Now I need to quit being bad here...I do think that it'd be a good idea for them to get games for it- once it's at the 1.0 stage on X86 and it's coming to life for ARM and PPC...)
                Haiku is for begginners, if you want hardcore try Plan9. Or if youre really hardcore try Menuet.

Comment

• BTW, here are some more suggestions, inspired by nintendowarrior's very own suggestions.

Lords of the Realm:

turn based strategy game.

and similarly a strategy game...

This is a little more mainstream. Do you think Creative Assembly would be hostile to linux?

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
                    Haiku is for begginners, if you want hardcore try Plan9. Or if youre really hardcore try Menuet.
                    Pffft, I have yet to see a bluescreen, kernel panic, segfault or the like using a 20 sided die, a piece of paper and pencil. (OK occasionally I have to sharpen the pencil)

Comment

• Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                      Pffft, I have yet to see a bluescreen, kernel panic, segfault or the like using a 20 sided die, a piece of paper and pencil. (OK occasionally I have to sharpen the pencil)
                      And you need:
                      1. Calculator
                      2. Lots of paper
                      3. Eraser
                      4. Waste bin

Comment

Working...
                      X