Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put the wish list for porting projects HERE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By the way, Svartalf, you can add these two on company dead-ends.

Funcom and Microids. Microids sent me a complementary copy of Syberia 2, but that doesn't change the fact that everytime I and someone else asked for a Linux/Mac version, they've said a quick and terse 'No'.

Comment

• What about the Dune RTS game series? Im not sure if EA owns the rights to those games, or if they belong to the Dune universe creator's estate. Or maybe the original Command and Conquer for DOS? I mean, since EA released the binaries for Command and conquer and red alert as freeware, who knows. And what about Bethesda, since they release the first elder scrolls game as a freeware download?

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
        What about the Dune RTS game series? Im not sure if EA owns the rights to those games, or if they belong to the Dune universe creator's estate. Or maybe the original Command and Conquer for DOS? I mean, since EA released the binaries for Command and conquer and red alert as freeware, who knows. And what about Bethesda, since they release the first elder scrolls game as a freeware download?
        If EA didn't the rights trail ends with whomever got them when Westwood folded. The rights to the games themselves would not, under most normal circumstances, go to the Herbert Estate. C&C might be a go, but realize that while they gave the game binaries away, the game code's a different animal and would possibly be treated with the same consideration as a current one. Stupid, I'll admit, but that's how it goes most of the time anyhow. As for Bethesda, I'm less interested in the older Elder Scrolls out of them and more interested in Oblivion (latest Elder Scrolls...) and Fallout 3. It couldn't hurt, but I get the impression from some of the Elder Scrolls remake projects that they're not overly interested in rights access grants- they won't let anyone even come close to doing a Morrowind or Daggerfall remake to date. I suspect we'd have to get a few other plays in place before that discussion would bear fruit.
        Last edited by Svartalf; 18 September 2008, 05:29 PM. Reason: Corrected a dumbass typo with "Herbert"...arrrgh!

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
          If EA didn't the rights trail ends with whomever got them when Westwood folded. The rights to the games themselves would not, under most normal circumstances, go to the Herbert Estate. C&C might be a go, but realize that while they gave the game binaries away, the game code's a different animal and would possibly be treated with the same consideration as a current one. Stupid, I'll admit, but that's how it goes most of the time anyhow. As for Bethesda, I'm less interested in the older Elder Scrolls out of them and more interested in Oblivion (latest Elder Scrolls...) and Fallout 3. It couldn't hurt, but I get the impression from some of the Elder Scrolls remake projects that they're not overly interested in rights access grants- they won't let anyone even come close to doing a Morrowind or Daggerfall remake to date. I suspect we'd have to get a few other plays in place before that discussion would bear fruit.
          Ah ok, so do you think you could look up into those games? I tried contacting EA but it's such a big company that they dont have a direct email address. Maybe you can be more successful since you have more contacts. It'd be great to see the classic dune and C&C, even System Shock 1 ported officially. As for Bethesda, well, Daggerfall is pretty cool, imho. I mention those older elder scrolls games since they use their own engines made by bethesda, and not a 3rd party one like gamebryo, so it'd depend only on them.

Comment

• Ah Dune games...

As far as I know, Westwood is now EA LA. EA, I would surmise would hold the rights to Dune 2, Dune 2000 and Emperor: Battle for Dune.

If you're talking about Dune 1 the adventure game from the early 90s, that's from Crystal Dynamics, I believe (EDIT: My bad, it's by Cryo Interactive... defunct by now by their Dune Generations project). There's a stealth action Dune game in 2001 by Widescreen Games. IGN loved it. I hated it.

I hope I didn't miss any other Dune games...

On TES:

I'd rather see Daggerfall get an update than a port. The entire old portfolio for that matter... Red Guard, Battle Spire, Arena and Daggerfall. Anyway, not gonna happen.
            Last edited by niniendowarrior; 18 September 2008, 09:10 PM.

Comment

It'd be great to see the classic dune and C&C, even System Shock 1 ported officially.
              System Shock 1 would be awesome.

While we're on old classics: How about the uboot sim Schleichfahrt (aka Archimedean Dynasty)? It's the much better and darker prequel to AquaNox and was published by Blue Byte (now a subsidiary company of Ubisoft).

Comment

• that'd be great, but since you mention it now belongs to ubisoft, it's probably a dead end.

Comment

that'd be great, but since you mention it now belongs to ubisoft, it's probably a dead end.
                  Only for now. Ubi's not shown themselves to be anything more than the typical AAA publisher with regards to us. They're a "show us the money" type place, with 'em wanting a bit of serious lucre up-front to be able to even port. Once we get a few things going here within the next 6 or so months, we can revisit talking with them about things with possibly more reasonable deals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                    Only for now. Ubi's not shown themselves to be anything more than the typical AAA publisher with regards to us. They're a "show us the money" type place, with 'em wanting a bit of serious lucre up-front to be able to even port. Once we get a few things going here within the next 6 or so months, we can revisit talking with them about things with possibly more reasonable deals.
                    Has any of them studios/publishers not shown themselves as being that?

Comment

• I'm so happy that Hostile Waters made it to the "being looked into" list, even though it was only mentioned twice on the forum

If it's going to be ported, will you include the unreleased multiplayer patched mentioned here?

Comment

Working...
                      X