Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put the wish list for porting projects HERE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
    What game are you talking about? Is it Europa Universalis?
    EU2's one of the ones we're waiting for final go ahead on, yes.

Comment

• Looks like you hauled in some big catch here. Some Adventure/RPGs would really spice things up. Nothing against OA/Sauerbraten/Warsow and all the other FPS but it's just that... YAfPS ( Yet Another FPS ).

Comment

• I can think of two games that are worth porting efforts: The Longest Journey and Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. I can say only one thing about them: I need them badly.
        RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Comment

• Originally posted by sobkas View Post
          I can think of two games that are worth porting efforts: The Longest Journey and Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. I can say only one thing about them: I need them badly.
          Yea, it would be awesome to have those games running natively on linux. Thing is, it's unknown what Funcom's attitude towards linux is.

BTW, i took the liberty to contact another game company. Ill keep you guessing on who is. Hopefully ill get a reply soon.

Comment

• The Longest Journey might get a port if Funcom is friendly to us. And if so, then Dreamfall might get a neat push in that direction as well. While I'm a fan of TLJ, I'm not a fan of Dreamfall however, so I could careless if that title got ported.

To be honest, I'd like Fahrenheit to get ported but that has a -99.9 % chance of getting there.

Comment

• Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
              To be honest, I'd like Fahrenheit to get ported but that has a -99.9 % chance of getting there.
              Heh... You're putting our odds THAT good right at the moment?

Comment

• So how do we find out if Funcom is linux friendly or not??

Comment

• Besides the old fashioned way (ask), I'd say check their forums and whatever materials the company has put out.
                  Last edited by me262; 04 September 2008, 11:16 PM. Reason: Maybe not all the materials... financial docs have squat to do with linux.

Comment

• Originally posted by me262 View Post
                    Besides the old fashioned way (ask), I'd say check their forums and whatever materials the company has put out.
                    That'd be the way I'd go about it. See if they're Linux-friendly/hostile to inquiries. Trust me, there's always at least a couple of Linux interested people that're their users for most games and they're asking about them.

Comment

• I did a search on the TLJ forums. Basically, no official response. My diagnosis? Dead end.

Comment

Working...
                      X