Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put the wish list for porting projects HERE...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Not sure if this has been brought up before, but what of Popcap Games?

    They have a huge selection of games, many seems to use their own engine the PopCap Games Framework. There's supposedly some sort of unofficial community effort in progress to port this, according to Wikipedia.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by whizse View Post
      Not sure if this has been brought up before, but what of Popcap Games?

      They have a huge selection of games, many seems to use their own engine the PopCap Games Framework. There's supposedly some sort of unofficial community effort in progress to port this, according to Wikipedia.
      I'll check into that. Sounds fairly promising- especially if you can show that things like Bejeweled is available on things Linux-ish.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
        I'll check into that. Sounds fairly promising- especially if you can show that things like Bejeweled is available on things Linux-ish.
        Plants vs Zombies FTW!!!

        http://www.popcap.com/games/pvz

        Comment


        • Originally posted by deanjo View Post
          Plants vs Zombies FTW!!!

          http://www.popcap.com/games/pvz
          I think that'd be another silly little time sink that'd be nice to have over on Linux.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by deanjo View Post
            Plants vs Zombies FTW!!!

            http://www.popcap.com/games/pvz
            Yeah, I admit, it was one of the games I had in mind

            Comment


            • BTW, CDProjekt now works with Namco/Bandai and not ATARI ( http://www.mcvuk.com/news/34277/Good...ri-hello-Namco ).

              I guess they're the same people anyway, but maybe the big corporate attitude towards Linux and such might be different.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Licaon View Post
                BTW, CDProjekt now works with Namco/Bandai and not ATARI ( http://www.mcvuk.com/news/34277/Good...ri-hello-Namco ).
                It depends on the deals that each of the studios has with Atari as to whether or not the publication rights stays with them or goes to Namco. If it stays with Atari, things like The Witcher are probably still out of the question.

                I guess they're the same people anyway, but maybe the big corporate attitude towards Linux and such might be different.
                Actually, I think the issue's a bit higher up the foodchain in the publisher than the group Namco just bought from them. There might be a change, esp. if we can show even a 5% marketshare, with those affiliated studios working with Namco on future projects.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                  It depends on the deals that each of the studios has with Atari as to whether or not the publication rights stays with them or goes to Namco.
                  goes with Namco

                  Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                  Actually, I think the issue's a bit higher up the foodchain in the publisher than the group Namco just bought from them.
                  i hope the decision is taken higher in the foodchain, but i don't know the history of Namco's attitude towards Linux/Mac

                  Comment


                  • Just found this on Ubuntu forums
                    http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-605772.html

                    DoctorMO
                    November 7th, 2007, 03:46 PM
                    I asked JoWood about porting Industry Giant II; they said if a team of Linux developers with a proven track record asked them in writing they would consider the proposition and offer the source code to open source.

                    So not just a port but open source code.

                    Comment


                    • Giant II?
                      You mean Gothic II?

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X