X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
    Source lost OpenGL support quite some time ago ( well, if we take the former half-life engine into consideration ). I doubt it gets it back.
    It got it back when they released Orange Box on the PS3.

Leave a comment:

• me262
    replied
    Speaking of DRM, anyone see what Farcry 2 is doing for their system?

3 machines, 5 activations per machine. Uninstalling gives you an activation back.
    They say that this is to avoid what happened to Spore.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonlord
    replied
    In fact I would like "no" DRM packed digital distribution package to be ported to Linux. This is not a solution but slavery of players.

1) I want to decide where I install stuff, not some puny DD platform.
    2) I want to decide when I play a game and no puny DD platform saying "no" because it has a bad mood today.
    3) I don't want spyware forced down your throat whenever you start a DD platform.
    4) I want to use my games if required on my laptop WITHOUT connection.
    5) I want to OWN my bought games not BORROW/LEASE them!

I think there's more but that's what jumps to my mind right now.

Leave a comment:

• xav1r
    replied
    Source lost OpenGL support quite some time ago ( well, if we take the former half-life engine into consideration ). I doubt it gets it back. And somehow I would not like to have steam ported to Linux to be honest. Porting source, nothing to object... but steam? It's like calling in a demon knocking on your door... bad idea
    Would you prefer Stardock's Impulse service to be ported to linux instead? Ive heard good reviews about it.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonlord
    replied
    Source lost OpenGL support quite some time ago ( well, if we take the former half-life engine into consideration ). I doubt it gets it back. And somehow I would not like to have steam ported to Linux to be honest. Porting source, nothing to object... but steam? It's like calling in a demon knocking on your door... bad idea

Leave a comment:

• 3vi1
    replied
    That said in my particular case it doesn't matter that much since the dev-station requires connection to the server anyways for shared directories hence this machine is online already and on my laptop I would never put such a shit in the first place
    Well, if you do ever want my help - just let me know.

I really do want steam/source to be released natively for Linux - I'm just not holding my breath, since the Source engine's heritage was from an OpenGL compatible source... and has since departed.

-J

Leave a comment:

• Dragonlord
    replied
    No idea what you do but here and all places I tried it simply refuses to do anything sane. But this doesn't astonish me. If you had the "SDK Mess" I had when I had to write the Blender SMD exporter then you would know what hell means. Lucky me I'm not required to touch this bitch anymore ( and this means: NO I'M NO MORE DEVELOPING THE EXPORTER... blame sucky steam for this ).

That said in my particular case it doesn't matter that much since the dev-station requires connection to the server anyways for shared directories hence this machine is online already and on my laptop I would never put such a shit in the first place

Leave a comment:

• 3vi1
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris View Post
    I believe he had played it before, but I won't swear 100% to it.
    You may have faith that your friend did, and that I will not denounce. However, I will counter with this:

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    Originally posted by 3vi1 View Post
    Perhaps he could play HL2 because he had started that online before, but had never started Portal while online?
    I believe he had played it before, but I won't swear 100% to it.

Leave a comment:

• 3vi1
    replied
    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    Holy friken screenshot Batman. You might want to reduce your pic sizes in future posts.
    I would have loved to reduce it in *that* post, but the limited editor of this board won't allow you to set up a preview at a smaller size.

If anyone from Phoronix is reading, I would like to make that an official request - allow us to set the width and height of images. I wanted to allow them to see the details of my 1680x1050 desktop, but a 640x480 preview would have been nice.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X