LGP Introduces Linux Game Copy Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
    That said in my particular case it doesn't matter that much since the dev-station requires connection to the server anyways for shared directories hence this machine is online already and on my laptop I would never put such a shit in the first place
    Well, if you do ever want my help - just let me know.

I really do want steam/source to be released natively for Linux - I'm just not holding my breath, since the Source engine's heritage was from an OpenGL compatible source... and has since departed.

-J

Comment

• Source lost OpenGL support quite some time ago ( well, if we take the former half-life engine into consideration ). I doubt it gets it back. And somehow I would not like to have steam ported to Linux to be honest. Porting source, nothing to object... but steam? It's like calling in a demon knocking on your door... bad idea

Comment

Source lost OpenGL support quite some time ago ( well, if we take the former half-life engine into consideration ). I doubt it gets it back. And somehow I would not like to have steam ported to Linux to be honest. Porting source, nothing to object... but steam? It's like calling in a demon knocking on your door... bad idea
        Would you prefer Stardock's Impulse service to be ported to linux instead? Ive heard good reviews about it.

Comment

• In fact I would like "no" DRM packed digital distribution package to be ported to Linux. This is not a solution but slavery of players.

1) I want to decide where I install stuff, not some puny DD platform.
          2) I want to decide when I play a game and no puny DD platform saying "no" because it has a bad mood today.
          3) I don't want spyware forced down your throat whenever you start a DD platform.
          4) I want to use my games if required on my laptop WITHOUT connection.
          5) I want to OWN my bought games not BORROW/LEASE them!

I think there's more but that's what jumps to my mind right now.

Comment

• Speaking of DRM, anyone see what Farcry 2 is doing for their system?

3 machines, 5 activations per machine. Uninstalling gives you an activation back.
            They say that this is to avoid what happened to Spore.

Comment

Source lost OpenGL support quite some time ago ( well, if we take the former half-life engine into consideration ). I doubt it gets it back.
              It got it back when they released Orange Box on the PS3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                It got it back when they released Orange Box on the PS3.
                I suggested that in another topic and someone sarcasticly said that just because its on the ps3 it doesnt necessarily use opengl, but some other thing, cant remember the name.

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
                  I suggested that in another topic and someone sarcasticly said that just because its on the ps3 it doesnt necessarily use opengl, but some other thing, cant remember the name.
                  libgcm is the name your searching for.

Comment

• Even Penny Arcade's going on about it. A three part news post (and a very funny comic in part 2).
                    Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

libgcm... that an translation layer, a wrapper like SDL, or something completely different altogether?

Comment

• I was really looking forward to building my next computer from the ground up with Linux. After reading this I really dont like the idea that I cant install it on more that 2 computers. If I own it I should own it on as many computers as I can afford in my life time. I personally wish they went the way of Steam b/c if I get a laptop ever I dont want to have to find some internet stop to keep playing my game. I will personally be skipping games with this kind of copy protection. I hate doing it but I just feel like it is something I need to do.

Comment

Working...
                      X