UT3 - Abandon all hope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xav1r View Post
    maybe thats why publishers dont allow their games to run on linux.
    I do imagine that is part of the concern. Could you imagine the opensource community screaming over a binary copy-protection blob on their systems? Although there are commercial applications out there that do incorporate some sort of copyprotection ie Maya

Comment

Well UT3 already uses the best protection: you have to be online to save your status or of course when you want to play against others. In those cases the serial is verified.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        Well UT3 already uses the best protection: you have to be online to save your status or of course when you want to play against others. In those cases the serial is verified.
        in Offline mode one can play LAN games and use Hamachi to get a LAN network simulated over the internet, so that protection is kinda obsolete

Comment

where i can download linux binary executable file to run this game?
          I buy 2 box of UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by dj--alex View Post
            I buy 2 box of UT3.
            You can't at the moment, if ever.

Comment

Originally posted by dj--alex View Post
              I buy 2 box of UT3.
              There is no Linux binary for UT3. At least so far there is none and I don't assume that there will be one anytime soon...

Comment

BTW, ive been wondering, ut2k4 does run on linux, of course, but does its unrealED run in linux too? Just wanted to know.

thanks

Comment

It's look like UT3 will be relased soon

http://icculus.org/~icculus/tmp/md5.txt

http://icculus.org/~icculus/tmp/ScreenShot00000.bmp

Comment

My son bought UT3 and I have played it a few times, however I could care less that there is no Linux client for it as I still like UT 2004 much better.

Comment

Originally posted by czarnyckm View Post
                      Don't think so...
                      I'd imagine that the Linux binaries were ready long, long ago.
                      The problem -seems- to be legal and/or licensing related, and as such, the fact that such binaries do exists means nothing.

I've abandoned all hope of having UT3/Linux long, long, long ago. (Though I'd love to be proven wrong)

- Gilboa
                      oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
                      oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
                      oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
                      Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Working...
                      X