No announcement yet.

Nexuiz 2.4.2 Open-Source FPS Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The nexuiz engine is pretty fast with lower settings and you can play it with older gfx cards too. The gameplay is not too fast - when you are used to UT3 then it is slow I like the standard deathmatch from time to time, some maps are really inspired by some Quake maps. I played it for some time until I discovered Zero Ballistics. It is still fun, but I like tanks, maybe add those as special *g*

Comment

Who doesn't like tanks

It would be awesome if the upcoming Battlefield 3 (not Bad Company) would be ported to Linux... this is one of the best series out there, but that won't happen. It's EA.

Comment

Great IDEA -- -- -- > (| ` ^ ^ * |)

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        Phoronix: Nexuiz 2.4.2 Open-Source FPS Released

For those interested in some weekend gaming, Nexuiz 2.4.2 has been released. This open-source first person shooter now has an "onslaught" game-mode (with an ons-reborn map being added), brand new announcement sounds/voices, fixes for several bugs, new crylink primary attack mode, new server tools, and uint16 element array support...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NjQ3MA
        Hello, ( ! ! ! )

It was a wonderful idea to make the conversion..

There is still a lot of players playing UT2004 Onslaught. They did not give up and I think they will continue, because there is still a lot of various skills you may learn playing UT2004 (game is very addictive

If developers could manage to make same physics inside the engine I would be delighted ... indeed.

I think all skilled UT2004 people should support this idea, so a 'real Era' of Unreal Tournament could continue...

I hope that people will visit this forum and someone will start some webpages, server or whatever could help to keep the project running.

Anyway, in my opinion the first idea of the gamestyle was introduced in by slightly different kind of game.. Yes, I think it was a realtime strategy game 'Z' from Bitmap Brothers, which a littlebit inspirated designers of UT2004.

.. Amron

Comment

Hello, ( ! ! ! )

It was a wonderful idea to make the conversion..

There is still a lot of players playing UT2004 Onslaught. They did not give up and I think they will continue, because there is still a lot of various skills you may learn playing UT2004 (game is very addictive

If developers could manage to make same physics inside the engine I would be delighted ... indeed.

I think all skilled UT2004 people should support this idea, so a 'real Era' of Unreal Tournament could continue...

I hope that people will visit this forum and someone will start some webpages, server or whatever could help to keep the project running.

Anyway, in my opinion the first idea of the gamestyle was introduced in by slightly different kind of game.. Yes, I think it was a realtime strategy game 'Z' from Bitmap Brothers, which a littlebit inspirated designers of UT2004.

Comment

Working...
          X