• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    deanjo

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
    Considering who owns the brand for it now I think it's better of dead sadly. Personally it was Baldurs Gate and Planescape that got me in to RPG's, I've most have waste hundreds of hours on each.
    Heh, I know EA has butchered alot of games in the past but they also have had some successes. EA Sports games for example hold up well, the C&C series is alive and well, not to mention the Sims.

My first RPG was akalabeth (precursor to Ultima 1) and played all though out the entire series. Lands of Lore was another and then Planescape and onto NWN. (Dungeon Siege wasn't bad also, A LOT better then the movie).

Leave a comment:

• Aradreth

• Aradreth
    replied
    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    I still shed a tear everytime I think of the Ultima series being dead.......
    Considering who owns the brand for it now I think it's better of dead sadly. Personally it was Baldurs Gate and Planescape that got me in to RPG's, I've most have waste hundreds of hours on each.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
    Any game being made for linux is a win in my eyes, more so if it's an RPG 'cause RPG > *
    I still shed a tear everytime I think of the Ultima series being dead.......

Leave a comment:

• Aradreth

• Aradreth
    replied
    Any game being made for linux is a win in my eyes, more so if it's an RPG 'cause RPG > *

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    Linux Game Publishing

• Svartalf
    replied
    Not expecting a promise, just thought they would be a good candidate since they allowed the modding community to update the game under NDA.
    I caught that. I'm a bit busy today (and their comment code's busted...) so I'll have to bang out a formal letter to them from Earl Consulting Services (I'm not about to commit Michael Simms to things without his say-so... ) and see what they have to say.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
    My, oh my... I'm impressed. And they're relatively local to me. I'll check into it then. Thanks for the lead, deanjo. Honest.

[edit]

This is even more funny... Their publisher is in town. No promises...but I'll check into this shortly and get word back on the forums about what their take is on at least a Linux version out of them.
    Not expecting a promise, just thought they would be a good candidate since they allowed the modding community to update the game under NDA.

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    Linux Game Publishing

• Svartalf
    replied
    Lead Pursuit, Inc.
    1739 S.W. Loop 410
    Suite # 804-117
    San Antonio, TX 78227
    USA
    Tel / Fax: + 1 512 275 3808

My, oh my... I'm impressed. And they're relatively local to me. I'll check into it then. Thanks for the lead, deanjo. Honest.

[edit]

This is even more funny... Their publisher is in town. No promises...but I'll check into this shortly and get word back on the forums about what their take is on at least a Linux version out of them.
    Svartalf
    Linux Game Publishing
    Last edited by Svartalf; 07 May 2008, 01:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
    I wish that would be doable, deanjo- really, I would. I'd do my best to jam a remix of that one specifically for Linux out the door. The problem would be that if we COULD find the rights holder, I doubt they'd be reasonable on royalties to make it happen. If you can find me the rights holder and I can make him allow it to happen, I'd knock it out for you just because of what I said- because it'd be a Linux SKU to point people to to help fix the problem.

Wanna step up to the plate? I can't do it on my own because MY plate's a bit full with things including a full-time job above and beyond the LGP stuff.
    Lead Pursuit, Inc.
    1739 S.W. Loop 410
    Suite # 804-117
    San Antonio, TX 78227
    USA
    Tel / Fax: + 1 512 275 3808

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    Linux Game Publishing

• Svartalf
    replied
    (PS A Falcon 4 port to linux, despite being a 10 year old sim, would be far more profitable for LPG and it's a game that really has no substitute in windows let alone linux)
    I wish that would be doable, deanjo- really, I would. I'd do my best to jam a remix of that one specifically for Linux out the door. The problem would be that if we COULD find the rights holder, I doubt they'd be reasonable on royalties to make it happen. If you can find me the rights holder and I can make him allow it to happen, I'd knock it out for you just because of what I said- because it'd be a Linux SKU to point people to to help fix the problem.

Wanna step up to the plate? I can't do it on my own because MY plate's a bit full with things including a full-time job above and beyond the LGP stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    Linux Game Publishing

• Svartalf
    replied
    Ditto, another 4 year old game isn't worth the money especially when it has a platinum rating on wine. Why would I spend $60 for a game that I can pick up in a bargin bin for $5 and just run it in wine?
    Heh... So you can run it in Wine... With what class of machine, pray tell, Deanjo?

It's worth noting that your remarks with regards to stretching machines is valid- for the power gamer crowd. You. Me. What about the rest of the Linux community? They're not you or I.

Furthermore, you want Sacred 2 and things like it?

You're NOT going to get them with the attitude you're espousing here. PERIOD. Each purchase of even a "bargain bin" version of the Windows title is a vote for THAT platform. Each vote counts against you even though you're using Linux. They don't give a damn about how many people are using Linux (even though it's a hell of a lot more than the 10 million that keeps getting bandied around by IDC...)- all they care about is how many units of an SKU sells.

When you buy a Windows version and run it under WINE, you inflate the numbers for the Windows version.

All of you keep WHINING about not having software around to play- well, you guys are part of the damn problem, not the solution when you claim "why would I buy that when I can run it in WINE" or similar. When you DON'T buy some of those "old" titles, the studios and publishers don't have any metrics whatsoever on the prospects of selling things.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X