No announcement yet.

LGP To Start Work On Another Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually meant the Aurora Engine (too many engines to keep track of ). What the creators of The Witcher did with that engine was awesome. (Hint hint another game I would love to see ported )

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      (Hint hint another game I would love to see ported )
      take it easy let svartalf get back to us about falcon 4.0: AA first :P

svartalf: let us know how it pans out....

Comment

I actually meant the Aurora Engine (too many engines to keep track of ). What the creators of The Witcher did with that engine was awesome. (Hint hint another game I would love to see ported )
        The sad thing about The Witcher is that it was going to be released for linux as well as Windows but then got canceled. A real shame as it looks like an awesome game.

Comment

Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
          The sad thing about The Witcher is that it was going to be released for linux as well as Windows but then got canceled. A real shame as it looks like an awesome game.
          Now... Take a wild guess WHO cancelled it, hm?

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
            Now... Take a wild guess WHO cancelled it, hm?
            Atari of course seeing as it happened about the same time they became the publisher I believe. A stupid move on their part in my eyes seeing as it was being made to be cross platform, so all the work done to allow it to run on Linux (and mac? not sure if a mac version was planned) prior to it being cancelled was lost with no monetary benefits.

Comment

Atari of course seeing as it happened about the same time they became the publisher I believe. A stupid move on their part in my eyes seeing as it was being made to be cross platform, so all the work done to allow it to run on Linux (and mac? not sure if a mac version was planned) prior to it being cancelled was lost with no monetary benefits.
              Probably not so stupid a move...they were courting MS at the time; don't forget that NWN2 was changed to DirectX only, partly due to their desire for an X-Box 360 version that would compete with Oblivion which ended up going nowhere because they were largely barking up the wrong tree with NWN2.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                Probably not so stupid a move...they were courting MS at the time; don't forget that NWN2 was changed to DirectX only, partly due to their desire for an X-Box 360 version that would compete with Oblivion which ended up going nowhere because they were largely barking up the wrong tree with NWN2.
                I hadn't released that they wanted to make a X-Box version of NWN2 but it does go some way to explain why the linux version was cancelled.

Comment

Sacred tanked on Windows, who would want this on Linux since we have The Witcher and the rest running fine with WINE?

too bad that the good intentions of linuxgamepublishing meet these bad game choices

and another thing "plans to ship the title in August of this year" lulz... the X3 port should have been out in Aug 2007, now it's just at Closed Beta 9...wtf?!!?!

Comment

NWN2 for mac exists and the renderer is openGL. It does not use the Cider engine and is fully native.

Comment

NWN2 for mac exists and the renderer is openGL. It does not use the Cider engine and is fully native.

http://www.aspyr.com/product/info/84
                      I know there is a mac version of NWN2, I was talking about The Witcher which was planned to have a linux release but then it was cancelled.

Comment

Working...
                      X