Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am i the only one interested in mumble....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malikith View Post
    Oh hey speaking of Mumble I noticed this on the ioquake3 news page:

More info @:

http://ioquake3.org/2008/05/30/voip-support-in-svn/
    wow I came across the mailing list post earlier but I didn't know icculus was using mumble... good stuff!

now all we need is a wesnoth plugin

Actually, im hoping tremulous n nexuiz follow suite - it sounds like the best way to further expose mumble to the world [openarena will probably be the first game to exploit the mumble ioquake3 code]

Comment

Originally posted by hmmm View Post
      wow I came across the mailing list post earlier but I didn't know icculus was using mumble... good stuff!

Actually, im hoping tremulous n nexuiz follow suite - it sounds like the best way to further expose mumble to the world [openarena will probably be the first game to exploit the mumble ioquake3 code]
      Open Arena.. Hahaha, I won't get into that one, but yeah, I hope Tremulous or Nexuiz get it done. Or even better Urban Terror, that would be a great one to use it, but so would Tremulous too.

Comment

Open Arena.. Hahaha, I won't get into that one, but yeah, I hope Tremulous or Nexuiz get it done. Or even better Urban Terror, that would be a great one to use it, but so would Tremulous too.
        Heh... I'm thinking WoP, myself (since I'm addicted to that silly game...).

However, since it's in the engine, I'd think it wouldn't be much of anything, as long as the games in question take up the latest ioquake3 engine updates, to add this to ANY of those titles. Makes it kind of interesting all of a sudden, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by hmmm View Post

I always wondered why FOSS multiplayer games didn't have mumbles positional audio but a couple of commercial games did... Ah well here to hoping nexuiz gets it implemented.

Originally posted by Svartalf
          I could get into WoP but I take my hat of to who ever did the level designs, they are amazing!

Comment

well openarena is based on ioquake3 which is what icculus has commted code for....

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post

However, since it's in the engine, I'd think it wouldn't be much of anything, as long as the games in question take up the latest ioquake3 engine updates, to add this to ANY of those titles. Makes it kind of interesting all of a sudden, doesn't it?
              Yeah there are a ton of games out there that could benefit from the updates for sure. I can't wait until they all start adopting it.
              Last edited by Malikith; 07 June 2008, 06:05 AM.

Comment

I love mumble, and donated a bunch of moneys the next day after I first used it for the first time. Good stuff!

Comment

I heard that game with my friend and it's a cool game. . I'll try to play with that. .

Comment

sorry to bump such an ancient thread but i noticed that mumble has hit 1.1.8 (ment to be the last release of the 1.1 series), looks like COD2,4,5 and WOLF:ET got positional audio support in 1.1.7.

Bit of a shame phoronix doesnt give it more coverage. The 1.2.x to-do includes Multichannel echo cancellation.

In other positional audio related news, ventinux (to be renamed as Spux to avoid copyright infringment of anything *nix and ventrilo), a ventrilo linux client that is being developed should have an accesible svn repository soon...

Comment

I tried switching to Mumble about a week or so ago from our Ventrilo (2.1.x) server. But I must say it sucks :P Not the client, but the server. It's a nightmare to set up. The server design and administration is so brain damaged, I won't even go into explaining it.

Ventrilo server can be set up very easily.

Comment

Working...
                      X