X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Thetargos View Post
    Wild thought: Could Steam the middleware Ryan was talking about, and Epic is waiting for the client of that to be released so they can release their game? Dumb idea, I know, is just taht we've pretty much covered it all... what's more what if he is doing the Steam port? There goes the dreamer again... Somebody stop me.
    I suggested that over a month ago.

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    He could be hiding right now with all the headhunters looking for the UT3 client.
    Heh... Ever the pessimist, eh, deanjo? Keep doing that- at the least it'll keep Thetargos and myself honest... >:-)

Leave a comment:

• MasterGH
    replied
    Well, all I can add to this is something I found on the mailing list quite some time ago (which I kept forgetting to post) which suggests Ryan knew there were going to be issues:

Subject: Re: [ut3] 64 Bit Linux Version?
    Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 04:12:12 -0400
    Thomas Kowaliczek wrote:
    > Will it give an 64 Bit Linux version? like ut2004 ?

No plans to do this at this time (but if I ever get a free moment, I'll
    look into it...I have a feeling that a lot of middleware is going to be
    problematic this time around, though).

--ryan.
    edit:

On a side note, UT3 was what I was hoping to have fun with on Linux after I get my next PC...appears like I'll just have to keep with UT99/04
    Last edited by MasterGH; 26 April 2008, 04:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Thetargos
    replied
    Wild thought: Could Steam the middleware Ryan was talking about, and Epic is waiting for the client of that to be released so they can release their game? Dumb idea, I know, is just taht we've pretty much covered it all... what's more what if he is doing the Steam port? There goes the dreamer again... Somebody stop me.
    Last edited by Thetargos; 26 April 2008, 10:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
    Riiight... Ryan's definitely not without friends.
    He could be hiding right now with all the headhunters looking for the UT3 client.

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    Or he's saying that he is a very lonely person and must rely on himself to give him a birthday party and pretends the cube is a real friend.
    Riiight... Ryan's definitely not without friends.

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by Moustacha View Post
    Dude, I hope you're so right!
    I'm not holding my breath. I like wearing blue...as clothing, not as my skin color...

But, it's a possibility all the same.

Leave a comment:

• Moustacha
    replied
    I caught that... There's two meanings there... He's a Half-Life fan, or he's intimating that Orange Box is coming to Linux and, as a result, Steam (which is where Epic's going for PC distribution...), which was the real hold-up for UT3...
    Dude, I hope you're so right!

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    I caught that... There's two meanings there... He's a Half-Life fan, or he's intimating that Orange Box is coming to Linux and this and as a result, Steam (which is where Epic's going for PC distribution...), was the hold-up for UT3...

The toppings on the cake, by the by, were chocolate orange wedges as best as I could tell...
    Or he's saying that he is a very lonely person and must rely on himself to give him a birthday party and pretends the cube is a real friend.

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    I caught that... There's two meanings there... He's a Half-Life fan, or he's intimating that Orange Box is coming to Linux and, as a result, Steam (which is where Epic's going for PC distribution...), which was the real hold-up for UT3...

The toppings on the cake, by the by, were chocolate orange wedges as best as I could tell...

[edit]
    Heh... Don't tell anyone, but I think Ryan might have been trying to tell us something there:

title="(Apparently it's not a lie.)"
    alt="(Apparently it's not a lie.)"
    Last edited by Svartalf; 25 April 2008, 10:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X