This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kano View Post
    I dont think so, do you know who owns Ageia? For the ignoramus: it's NVIDIA!
    Because Nvidia has a great track record for speed of development in Linux? Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if Nvidia acquiring them had something to do with it, but it also wouldn't surprise me if the blame lay somewhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
      Because Nvidia has a great track record for speed of development in Linux? .
      Actually yes it does, as pointed out in other threads, nvidia usually has patches for it's drivers a day or two after a radical change even happens in the kernel. Cuda is also kept up to date with the windows side, gelato was released in the same time frame as it's windows counterpart, and their revamped Physix SDK is available for linux and windows already,

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
        So why haven't all of you supergeniuses diffed the UT3 Linux server code between the demo and retail and see what is causing the licensing problems? Then we can harass them.

Any bets on Ageia?
        Well, for one, the offending code ISN'T IN THERE. You see, that's why the server got RELEASED, and the client didn't!

Comment

• Originally posted by Forge View Post
          Well, for one, the offending code ISN'T IN THERE. You see, that's why the server got RELEASED, and the client didn't!
          The topic #93 in this thread says that the legal issue that everyone is talking about is not something said by Epic. It's "WarTourist" that wrote that, from Epic.
          And if there was no legal issue on the release of the client, but just "too much to do everywhere else" ????

Comment

• Originally posted by Fixxer_Linux View Post
            The topic #93 in this thread says that the legal issue that everyone is talking about is not something said by Epic. It's "WarTourist" that wrote that, from Epic.
            And if there was no legal issue on the release of the client, but just "too much to do everywhere else" ????
            Dude, I never said that there was anything legally problematic in the client, I simply pointed out that Brizz's idea of diffing the demo and retail isn't going to tell us anything at all about the client.

Whatever's holding up the client release isn't in the server. That was the main point I was trying to make.

Comment

• And Epic is still up to their usual dirty tactics.

I really tried calling it out, giving specific questions, and not taking "see the faq" for an answer. Unfortunately it's not easy to get anything when the Admins keep closing and deleting every post (instead of moving the conversation to a unified forum, and let that run rampant). There does need to be some kind of sincerity in letting people know "we're working on it". Even if it's just putting an updated date near the line.

At this point, I think UT3's a lost cause. I'm not further supporting them because of the way they've treated the community.
              I'm going to gear up my system for Starcraft II and Diablo III, only because I still maintain my Cedega subscription.

Comment

• Originally posted by me262 View Post
                At this point, I think UT3's a lost cause. I'm not further supporting them because of the way they've treated the community.
                Each day that passes, I look at the pretty UT3 on my shelf, never used, maybe never to be used. Some days I take it down and look at the receipt tucked into the side flap. If I bought UT3 today, it would be quite a few dollars less. I then put the box back up on the shelf, hate Epic a little harder, and go back to work.

This ridiculous fiasco is going to turn me into an Epic hater if it goes on much longer. Considering I've been one of Epic's biggest fans since the UT99 days and a bit before, that's not a small thing to accomplish.

Wartourist - I've got to say that your presence here is better than nothing, but the non-answers that are all they will let you give aren't worth much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forge View Post
                  This ridiculous fiasco is going to turn me into an Epic hater if it goes on much longer. Considering I've been one of Epic's biggest fans since the UT99 days and a bit before, that's not a small thing to accomplish.
                  Same here. I actually still have the original Unreal single player game... somewhere... without it's case... Who knows how many copies of UT99... Deus Ex, UT2003 (yes, I still have it, I even put it in a CD Clamshell), UT2004, XIII (based on Unreal Engine 2), and who knows what else. I was even running a UT2004 RPG server for some time.

Originally posted by Forge View Post
                  Wartourist - I've got to say that your presence here is better than nothing, but the non-answers that are all they will let you give aren't worth much.
                  At least he found an avenue to go "off-record" on.
                  As long as you consider "we're working on it" off-record, though it's more genuine in this forum (reaching out to the community forum, instead of the company-owned community forum), and he can't close and delete posts here.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
                    This is an excellent example of why we don't discuss patch development publically until it's close to release. This information that didn't do anyone any good by being released.

Right, because that statement is (and has been) accurate and up to date.

It sounds like the disconnect is people want to know more about the development of patches than we're willing to make public. I love that you guys are interested, but we've tried it both ways. In the end announcing things when they're guaranteed to happen generates less controversy and angst than announcing our "current plans" and having it change 15 times before the release because of standard development churn.
                    I would say talk doesn't get the job done. So I am not really worried about the FAQ. I get impatient too, mainly with drivers. I think if anything I still feel privileged that UT will be ported to Linux.

Comment

• As you can see WarTourist epic have alienated many of their most hardcore fans ( they have little else to play ) me included. I'm not blaming you for this i've no doubt you are just doing the bidding of your corporate masters and i think its more than a little cowardly of them to get a forum moderator ( forgive me if you're the CEO or somethin )to explain to the fans , the curious and the people who already bought this game why they are being ignored . I was annoyed enough but could accept that the GNU/Linux client would not be shipping on the DVD , how long has it been now ? i forget , too long. It simply isnt good enough epic!

Comment

Working...
                      X