Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has there been any sort of apology from epic games regarding this delay ?

Comment

• Nope, and i dont think they believe they need or have to issue one. BTW, its already october, so this marks the 1st UT3 linux-less game release! Let's parteeeeeehy!!!

Comment

• well my copy will be being burned along with ut99 , ut2003 and ut2004 very shortly , i will record it , upload to youtube and i shall mail the ashes to epic. second class customer indeed!

A sincere apology would have appeased me but seeing as we GNU/Linux/mac users arent even worthy of that epic will never have another penny from me

ITS TOO LATE WARTOURIST!

Comment

• Originally posted by D0pamine View Post
          well my copy will be being burned along with ut99 , ut2003 and ut2004 very shortly , i will record it , upload to youtube and i shall mail the ashes to epic. second class customer indeed!

A sincere apology would have appeased me but seeing as we GNU/Linux/mac users arent even worthy of that epic will never have another penny from me

ITS TOO LATE WARTOURIST!
          Dude, it's just a game. Cool down, please.
          I don't think it would interest anybody anyways, but if you got too much free time, just carry on, but please don't flame around.

Comment

• Its not the point , this game cost ?40 and i have still yet to play it ( it does work in wine but is unplayable ). Not only that but the way the forum moderators behave toward their customers is unacceptable. There isnt alot i can do about this but i'll do what i can!

Comment

Its not the point , this game cost ?40 and i have still yet to play it ( it does work in wine but is unplayable ). Not only that but the way the forum moderators behave toward their customers is unacceptable. There isnt alot i can do about this but i'll do what i can!
              I think it will create enough noise in youtube for people to turn around. Make sure you burn a cutboard logo of epic games, and a picture of cliff bleznksky too.

Comment

Its not the point , this game cost ?40 and i have still yet to play it ( it does work in wine but is unplayable ). Not only that but the way the forum moderators behave toward their customers is unacceptable. There isnt alot i can do about this but i'll do what i can!
                As people pointed out numerous times, you bought the -Windows- version - and, AFAIK, your version works fine -under Windows-.
                Burning this and previous copies of UT on youtube won't change this fact - it'll just make you look childish... (And hurt the greater cause of even big players port their games to Linux)

... But hey, who am I to argue against it. Knock yourself out.

- Gilboa
                Last edited by gilboa; 10 October 2008, 01:26 AM.
                oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
                oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
                oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
                Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

• My hat goes off to you Gilboa. Kind of like what happened with Neverwinter Nights 2, many gamers, me included were deeply disappointed when they decided to strip off OpenGL from the game engine, make it DirectX exclusively and killing any hope for a Linux port (even when the Linux crowd were the ones maintaining the NWN community, by the time NWN2 was announced and released). Sure in that case no Linux version was "promised" while in this case they did. But just like in the previous game (BioWare announced that there was going to be a Linux version of the game farily early on, and it took them well after a year to release it) and the community simply waited on them. Sure they did manage things better and had frequent updates on how things were going on and how the Linux client was coming along and what not. While Epic has not done that, we have been told several times from the mouth of the horse himself (Ryan Gordon) that the Linux and Mac version IS coming. To me that is reassuring enough, however I have not bought the game yet, even when I did preorder it and had to cancel my order when I learned that it was going to be a while before its release. I'll buy the game when the Linux version is released (if ever) and if it is never released, I have lost nothing, and probably there are going to be other games that will...

I don't think that destruction of anyone's copy of the game because they have not delivered on what they promised is going to solve anything... Not that you see many people burning their Tax forms at the Congress because politicians did not deliver on their promises. That kind of behavior solves nothing. You don't want to give any more money to Epic? Fine, don't buy their games, but don't bash them either, as that serves to purpose.

Comment

• says on the box windows xp or better :P

Comment

• says on the box windows xp or better :P
                      Says here there'll be a mac/linux version to use with that box copy. :P This is the kind of thing that happens when a person/company generally comes through on their goods.. something develops called "trust". You gain "loyal customers". Then when they don't come through, that "trust" is broken and you potentially lose those "loyal customers".

Comment

Working...
                      X