This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
    No kidding. Problem is, that one's not making things better any more than you are. Just because a couple do that doesn't make it right or something you should consider doing.
    There are hundreds of threads of a similar nature , all have been locked , many more have been deleted altogether. There are a great many people who want to know simply WHEN

As for me being diplomatic - i am always until ripped off or hurt intentionally by someone , its just a pitty UTF-8 cannot convey sarcastic tones...

Your opinions or LGPs opinions , either way i wont be buying LGP titles now well done!

Comment

• Whoa... don't take one person's comments against the company D0p...
      He has a right to express his opinions just like everyone else.

You do have a right to be angry though. Had I preordered I'd be in the same boat. Many Linux people did so because they said it would ship on the disc, then they said it would ship later. 9 months later we have yet to see it, and many that preordered it are pissed. They're not pissed at themselves, they really shouldn't be. They're pissed at Epic for backing out (partially) of what they said they'd do, with no update as to why or when, and they have the right to be.

WarTourist, how many threads liie that are you closing/deleting a day? There's a lot of people raising a ruckus over this. Hundreds perhaps thousands are probably breathing down your collective necks.

Comment

• Originally posted by me262 View Post
        Whoa... don't take one person's comments against the company D0p...
        He has a right to express his opinions just like everyone else.

You do have a right to be angry though. Had I preordered I'd be in the same boat. Many Linux people did so because they said it would ship on the disc, then they said it would ship later. 9 months later we have yet to see it, and many that preordered it are pissed. They're not pissed at themselves, they really shouldn't be. They're pissed at Epic for backing out (partially) of what they said they'd do, with no update as to why or when, and they have the right to be.

WarTourist, how many threads liie that are you closing/deleting a day? There's a lot of people raising a ruckus over this. Hundreds perhaps thousands are probably breathing down your collective necks.

This thread alone has had 21,194 views so far , so at the very least 21,194 people interested/concerned about the GNU/Linux version, now 21,194*$50 = $1,059,700 of gross revenue. I certainly wouldnt turn my nose up at that ammount of cash

Comment

• Originally posted by D0pamine View Post
          This thread alone has had 21,194 views so far , so at the very least 21,194 people interested/concerned about the GNU/Linux version, now 21,194*$50 = $1,059,700 of gross revenue. I certainly wouldnt turn my nose up at that ammount of cash
          Or it has the same 20 people viewing it 1000 times...

More realistically, that's 1000 people, allowing for multiple views.

Comment

1) Net's nowhere near as much, even if you accept the figure you're quoting. $50 is the RETAIL price. The figure, if you accept the count as being accurate, that you're looking for is about a half mil or so. Nice amount, really. Problem is...

2) Your figures are dead off. If there were 21,194 posters, you'd be barking up the right tree. Each time you come in to read the thread, it's a view on that figure. So each one of these vollies you throw out at me, WarTourist, etc. generates probably 20 or so views by itself. Like RobbieAB said, it's probably closer to 1000 people really for this forum. Which brings us to...

3) If you use your math, 1000 * $50 = $50,000. If you use the rough metric applied to what the STUDIO sees, which is 1/2-2/3 of retail at best, you're talking a best case reality of $35k and more like $25k here. IF all of us would have bought the thing in the first place. I know that if I'm used to dealing with something on the order of at least 1 million return if not something more like 10 or so million on a title, $35k is a bloody drop in the ocean- something I can believe they'd turn their noses up with all we've been showing them and do it in a New York Minute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
              2) Your figures are dead off. If there were 21,194 posters, you'd be barking up the right tree. Each time you come in to read the thread, it's a view on that figure. So each one of these vollies you throw out at me, WarTourist, etc. generates probably 20 or so views by itself. Like RobbieAB said, it's probably closer to 1000 people really for this forum.
              odd , no matter how many times i view this thread and then reload the gaming section the number doesnt increase , perhaps because i'm logged in?

Comment

• Perhaps that's it.

Comment

odd , no matter how many times i view this thread and then reload the gaming section the number doesnt increase , perhaps because i'm logged in?
                  Perhaps. Perhaps not. I'm not going to venture a guess other than I don't believe that it reflects what you think it does.

Moreover, views are only part of the picture. Even if your surmise is correct, that there's 27k people interested in the game, it does not go to that they'll BUY it. As several people keep pointing out, a purchase is a purchase, anything else is a non-sale and can't go to the figure of what would have been bought. Especially when you have people that're perfectly happy to go and buy Windows-only titles and run them under WINE.

How many would really be in your figure of the money "they're turning their noses up at"? I think you're going to find that you're quoting at least moderately inflated numbers which doesn't help your position in the slightest when viewed by the people you're griping at.

If you're going to be bitching about this (and you SHOULD...not once have I told you NOT to, mind...) pick more accurate figures to point out and pick the right things to tell them about your displeasure. This is so you can let them know that they screwed up, in what way, and what to hopefully not do next pass around. What you're doing now...unless they see ten thousand or so people this pissed off and all, they're just going to write Linux off- much like Blizzard has done with us in the past.

Comment

• odd , if i view this thread repeatedly with links whilst reloading in epiphany it still doesnt increase , people may over estimate the numbers , people may under estamate them , the truth is somewhere inbetween i spose

Comment

odd , if i view this thread repeatedly with links whilst reloading in epiphany it still doesnt increase , people may over estimate the numbers , people may under estamate them , the truth is somewhere inbetween i spose
                      That'd be the take away from all of this. I'm probably understating things based on what I've seen in the past. You're definitely overstating them by a bit- you need to use caution in your claims when you vent. It'll work better. Trust me on that one...

Comment

Working...
                      X