Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if they temporarily disable/remove a few features anyways, like the Physx ( no linux support for this yet.)
    Food for thought.. nVidia bought AGEIA and now owns PhysX. They recently released Windows drivers for PhysX that use GF8 hardware via CUDA. What are the chances Epic's waiting for nVidia to make Linux PhysX drivers (accelerated via GF8 via CUDA, along with a software driver)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
      Food for thought.. nVidia bought AGEIA and now owns PhysX. They recently released Windows drivers for PhysX that use GF8 hardware via CUDA. What are the chances Epic's waiting for nVidia to make Linux PhysX drivers (accelerated via GF8 via CUDA, along with a software driver)?
      one answer: none.

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
        one answer: none.
        What makes you think that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
          What makes you think that?
          short answer: epic doesnt like linux.

Comment

• I'll rephrase that for you:
            Epic doesn't like Linux... anymore.

Regardless of what features it does/does not contain, it's still overpromised.

I think that Epic's policy of "no news is good news" in this matter isn't their best choice. We still need some kind of update.

It's amazing the speed I have with which to forget what I wanted to say originally...

Comment

• UT3 make good fire, that you were going to say.

Comment

• Too tired to condone, to smart to not condone...

You know, I don't think ... what's his name... Wartourist even is looking in this forums anymore. Haven't seen a post by him the month that I've been here.
                Of course, he probably has nothing new to say except "we're working on it".

Good nizzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Comment

• Originally posted by me262 View Post
                  It's amazing the speed I have with which to forget what I wanted to say originally...
                  Have you tried running memtest86

Comment

• Originally posted by me262 View Post
                    Wartourist even is looking in this forums anymore.
                    Yep, I check in regularly.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
                      Yep, I check in regularly.
                      No offense, but why do I get the distinct feeling that you'll be posting the same message 6 months from now?

- Gilboa
                      Last edited by gilboa; 20 August 2008, 12:06 PM.
                      oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
                      oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
                      oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
                      Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Working...
                      X